Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
chris holmes said:
Hi there Happy Man. Nice to hear from you. Mine is no.125 out of the 155 that were imported by ARUK. Total built for Europe was about 450 but only the red 3.0 V6 came here. There are 2.0 cups of various colours elsewhere in Europe but ours are the biz!!
Cheers Chris
Trust me our cars are rarer than that a total of 200 were built with 50 being in silver with the 2.0 V6 turbo engine.

The cup only comes in two colours alfa rosso and silver and all the siver ones are left hookers.

Beware of imitatations ;)

But it's flattering that people mod GTV's to make em look like cups :cool:

Enjoy the forum just don't post too many nice pics I'll get jealous ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you Happy Man for your info.
I have a letter in my hand dated regarding the Cups. (no, not like Mr Chamberlain) ! But it says that 419 Cups were made for Europe, 239 were 2.0 which didn't come here, 180 were 3.0 V6 which the UK took 155. This came from ARUK. Whatever, they are all fantastic and as you say a copy is a form of flattery. If you have any different info on numbers then I would be grateful to hear it.
Best wishes Chris. Cup no125

H

·
0 Posts
Really interested in the numbers :confused:

Have you contacted Nick Blake AROC GTV 916 Owners club head guy

I'd be interested to see the paper work you have any chance of a scanned copy ?

Original Cups are rare any paper work is very rare

If you're ok I'll send you a PM

Let me know :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Happy Man. I have registered with the AROC GTV when Chris Cousins ran it. I will contact again tho as I've nothing from them. No problem for you to have a copy of the ARUK letter. please send me an email.
Best wishes
Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
love to see some pics, i saw a cup today sat on a driveway in what i'd call mustard/gold, real eye catcher, it had twin exhust, do all cups have a exhust either side? ive never noticed befor, welcome m8

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Spider Web. You lucky so and so must have had a brilliant summer with a spider. Top down nearly every day?
The Cup has standard single exhaust not twin. Have never seen a cup in anything but red. Maybe either an import or lots of body kit? ARUK only imported red cups.
Best wishes

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Spider Web said:
love to see some pics, i saw a cup today sat on a driveway in what i'd call mustard/gold, real eye catcher, it had twin exhust, do all cups have a exhust either side? ive never noticed befor, welcome m8
Sounds like someones been buying parts from Autodelta to me. As mentioned in other posts, all UK cups were red :)

H

·
0 Posts
Gary Slegg said:
Sounds like someones been buying parts from Autodelta to me. As mentioned in other posts, all UK cups were red :)
Me thinks if you have a real one the fakes are hard to spot ;)
But not a Gold one with twin pipes :lol:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts