Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Alfa owners.

I picked up my red 2006 GT JTD at the weekend and love it!

It is my number 2 car as my 'other' cat is my Nissan 350z which has become a bit of an obsession regarding the Zed community, mods, the forum and meets etc. ButI'm guessing that won't interest you, so back to my Alfa :)

I recently changed jobs an this meant I would be covering a lot of motorway miles and my previous No.2 car was a Renault Clio 182, which isn't really at home trawling the motorways and highways of the UK, so I started a search for a diesel. However I didn't want something dull or boring, which, in the diesel world, does reduce your choices slightly.

I considered a Mondeo ST TDCi, or an Astra Sportback TDi, both with 150 ish bhp, which would at least make the drive to work a little more interesting. Then I saw an Alfa GT parked in the train station car park and instantly hit Autotrader wondering did the ydo a diesel, did they do a reasonably powerful one (150+), could I get a good example within budget?

Yes, yes and YES!! Right, I know what I want, I know just need to find one.

Well, I did find one and I'm very impressed. As mentioned, I've got a red one, full cream leather, 18 inch Alfa wheels, 107k miles, service history, and it's a minter! I do really really like it. However with the mile munching, I'm ashamed to say that even though I've only had it 3 days, it's filthy! Gotta love this time of year.

I'm a regular on the 350Z forum/owners club and it really is a great community there. So high up on my priority list after buying the car was to join your forum too. I'm really looking forward to also becoming an active member of your community.

I will no doubt have some newbie questions along the way, but I promise to use the search function first before posting. I've a couple of 'mods' I'd like to do to my GT, just to make it my own (nothing drastic, don't panic - I'll leave those for the Zed lol).

Well, I've banged on far too much. Hi guys, it's good to be here :thumbs:

Ian

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hi Ian congrats on your purchase.

Yes, this is a great forum, the GT does throw up some small niggles from time to time but ask a question on here and someone in the darkest depths will know the answer.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ian congrats on your purchase.

Yes, this is a great forum, the GT does throw up some small niggles from time to time but ask a question on here and someone in the darkest depths will know the answer.

Enjoy :)
Cheers. I think I may have already had my first niggle. :lol: I've had a warning a couple of times to tell me my sidelight bulb has gone. Stays on for a bit, then gos off. The last time it did it, I was able to get out and check - to find both sidelights still illuminated! :cheese:

If that's the only niggle I get, I'll be a happy bunny. On the flip side, I don't think I've ever had a car that gives you so much information while still sat in the drivers seat! :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,619 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★