Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , just bought a 2004 2.0 JTS Gt to replace my 156. Now the car has the standard radio/cd, now can I fit a CD Changer to the std head unit?

Can I use the Alpine unit I had in the 156? or do i need to match the headunit, not sure on the manufacturer but from reading through looks like might be blaukpunt (sp),

The handbook shows a changer fitted in one of the side compartments in the boot space, will it be as per the 156 and have the changer lead already installed?

thanks

Keith

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Consider something like a Loudlink. Fits in the glovebox, the size of a fag packet, SD card with c900 songs. DIY fitting too. Good kit and works a treat on our GT.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
in terms of a CD changer, yes, it needs to be a Blaupunkt. there will not be a cable in place. the cable will come with the CD changer, so needs to be routed through the car. also, the changer is unlikely to come with the mounting brackets specific for the GT storage compartments; just make up your own.

this link may be of help. in the 'technical details' part, it lists compatible models (of CD changer) as:

IDC A09, CDC A08, CDC-A03

Blaupunkt - Erstausrüstung - Alfa Romeo - Alfa 147 High

i don't know how accurate that is, though i've heard people talk about the A08 before.

but as above, other 'media' make good options. whether it be a memory card/stick, or iPod.

:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, CD changer seems to be old hat!!!

Does the ipod lead, dension disconnect the Headunit cd player?

Does the Loudlink do the same?

I'd like to keep the versatility of having the cd player on the headunit, although there does appear to be a lack of space to store cd's and keep the car tidy inside.

Supaimpy aka Keith:)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have long argued that a Standard MP3 (on cd) player is THE solution.

Fits in the same hole and each disc holds about 10 albums/140 tracks, so 1 cd gives a better range than most boot boxes. Keep a few in the car and SIMPLES! No wiring probs. No where do I put it probs. No is it compatable probs.

Whole thing is just no probs!

AND most will tie in with the steering wheel controls!

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts