Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Grill looks great, could you please do more full car photos to get better idea?

Does the hole for bonnet lever has to be this huge? The lever is just a thin plastic stick, why this huge hole?

Sure. The car is a little dirty but, here you go;

My 6000k LED main beams show here too.

The bonnet release lever access certainly isn't what I would call "huge". It's there but, it's definitely not a stand-out. It's the size it is to allow me to reach the lever when i has dropped as low as it'll go when the bonnet is up.

Fyralip lip on the boot.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I like the pic with the lights on, it does have something, Not bad at all - Get that fog light replaced though, let’s it down!
I love the chrome front as it is but am always open to new ideas.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
The previous grille bars did a good job of disguising the bumper beam but the new mesh with it visible rarely looks as bad as the image you've chosen there! I've probably looked at my 2017 grille at least 700 times as I've walked away from mine twice a day for a year! It certainly seemed a shame at first but I'm used to it now.
On the subject of the 159 grille here, would the hole be better if it was the whole way across?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like the pic with the lights on, it does have something, Not bad at all - Get that fog light replaced though, let’s it down!
I love the chrome front as it is but am always open to new ideas.
I believe the missing foglight is actually some kind of extra intake.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
787 Posts
You could always change the boot release lever to the brera tongue and then you could make the hole alot smaller where its hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I believe the missing foglight is actually some kind of extra intake.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

You are correct good sir - it’s the opening for my cold air induction.

Not much cold air here right now though - daytime temps in the shade are 38-41°C with 25-28°C at night.

And no, the reach through for the bonnet release looks best with only a 2 finger gap. It’s actually not really that noticeable when the bonnet is down and nobody casually observing the car has even mentioned a “hole” in the grill.

I painted the cross member garnish behind the grill in matt black so it’s less noticeable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Grille Removal and bumper repair

Question. I have a black 159 and was thinking of doing this myself before coming across you example. My bumper is cracked just under the v and i was considering either replacing the bumper (£260) or giving the repair a go myself. I was just wandering how you got the grille part out without removing the bumper. The grille is part damaged anyway so before i buy a new one i was going to do this but in gunmetal grey to match the respray i will do on mine. (Lusso rims which are corroded) May do a progress blog myself)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey man, looks sweet. Planing on doing something simular to mine but i was wondering where you bought the honeycomb plastic? I want the plastic to match the other honeybomb plastic on the car. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey man, looks sweet. Planing on doing something simular to mine but i was wondering where you bought the honeycomb plastic? I want the plastic to match the other honeybomb plastic on the car. :)
I checked ebay and they had alot of different sizes, do you have a link to yours?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts