329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is...

WOOOO HOO HOOOO!!

...I'm going for another drive:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Nice you got a GQV!!!!congrats man hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, Ja pretty much been out the whole day...:cool:

Before I say anything about the car, I want to firstly thank MasterP and Perreby for hooking me up with good deals, I would never have bought the GQV if it wasn't for this.

Secondly thanks to CMH FIAT/Alfa Pretoria in Hatfield. They put a really good deal together for me. These guys know how to do business and thier service is friendly, fast, honest, open and personal, and they really came to the party. Was a pleasure dealing with Nico and Andre and the rest of the team that arranged the deal with very slick and quick processing. I only gave the go-ahead about midday on Friday, everything was processed by COB Friday, and I picked up the car on Saturday morning, and all was in order.

The hand over process was easy and comfortable and we had a lekker chat throughout and after the formalities. I had to drive to PTA from DBN to trade my vehicle in and pick up the GQV, and it was worth it, these okes are miles ahead of the Durban dealers. The Durban guys just don't know how to operate, to the point where doing business with them literally wasn't possible. Weird because Durban Umhlanga is also a CMH dealer. So if any of you are having dealer issues on the presales side, no matter where you are in the country, call these guys and see if they can help you out. I really recommend them. It's not mandatory to buy from your local dealer, most people don't think about this, keep this in mind.

To be fair, Chatz also put a really good deal together and Chantel was good too, but wasn't as quick, open and personal, but again miles ahead of Durban CMH. And for the Durban AO Alfisti on here, don't even bother with the locals, just save yourself some headaches and time and deal with CMH Hatfield. The drive there and back is actually a bonus and makes it more of an event.

The handover process was thorough and they really took their time to show me all the ins and outs, and even sat with me to pair my phone with the car(I was impressed that that Blue&me system understands Afrikaans accents pretty well!! :lol: )...and I was really impressed with the B&M system, the oke got in, pushed the button and said "Help"...I thought he was joking, and then the car started speaking to him...I was like whaaat? And then he said "pairing"...and I was thinking...no way it's gonna get his accent...sure enough it did.

All in all, very happy with the deal, the dealer, and the car. And you know what?, when I'm thinking of getting a new Alfa in the future...who I gonna call?...Ghostbu....CMH Pretoria.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics

Here are two pics...check the rest at:

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/27009402/1/GQV?h=eced0b

-Alfa Red
-8C Type 18"'s
-Pano Sunroof
-Rear PDC
-TomTom Myport
-30% Tint and Smash&Grab

MasterP, seems the GQV does not come standard with that "half" viz pack.

Loving the car and have a lot to say about it...will post that soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
does she not have xennons? maybe thats why.. all the ones i have seen have auto wipers and auto lights

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
funny so do I .. and lance said he didn't like it at all when Chantal offered him the same colour

P

·
0 Posts
I saw the car in the flesh and its stunning..

The viz pack is a grey area too me. I had to manually spec my red stitched steering wheel. Auto headlights, auto wipers etc.. Only months later I was told its a 'viz pack', yet my stitching on the hand brake and gear lever is not red but that is part of the so called 'vi pack'. The workers in Italy seems to confuse specs.

Rear parking sensors will be handy on your G...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks okes, I am very happy with my choice. I was also concerned about the colour. Funnily enough the colour was only my 4th option, and the wheels my second, but when I went to pick her up I was totally stoked. I was thinking yesterday, that if I had to re-spec another one, In terms of look, I would spec it exactly the same. I don't think that the 8C wheels are the best for the G, nor Alfa Red, but when you put them together...with the black roof...IZ NIIICE!!, like Sexy Time!!...sho...bellissima!! With all the additional spec and sweet engine, I'm very happy I chose GQV over the Mito.

On the drive back to Durban, there were some workers on the back of a bakkie giving me the thumbs up, and making hand gestures as if they were taking pictures! :lol:

does she not have xennons? maybe thats why.. all the ones I have seen have auto wipers and auto lights
No unfortunately not, I chose PDC, Sunroof and Wheels over Xenons, I'll just have to drive in the day more :lol: ...and it'll ensure that I leave for work late when the sun is up, and leave work early when the sun is still up. :D La vita è bella.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
NICE!!! Great for you man, the CMH Hatfield team are really good business men, they will listen to your story and try and come up with a deal.It was unfortunately too late for me as I'd already had my mind made up the day before that I was not going to buy a GQV new...or one without leather, xenons etc.

P.s Paul...Chantal said the car was red, then I could not get hold of her and some guy answered and he said its the burgandy red...meaning maroon...yuck! LOL

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
its alfa red.. i stood in fronnt of the car. anyway.. dont matter any more

1 - 20 of 35 Posts