Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Giulietta 2.0 170 Veloce, 2013
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Been reading here a while whilst weighing up pros and cons of buying and looking for the right car.
Picked up a black 2013 2.0 170bhp Veloce yesterday and so far very impressed.
No doubt I'll have some questions but, as I do most of my own mechanicing myself I'll hopefully provide some answers too.

No pics just now, needs a damn good clean and machine polish!

Ben

·
Registered
384 Posts
Welcome... I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine. I'm on my 4th. First 3 were 2.0 jtdm, current is 1.4ma. That should show you how pleased I have been with them.

·
Registered
34,471 Posts
Einstein once said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!
I bought two Giulietta MAs and the second was the same but better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owned a few Fiat cars so have a fair idea of what I could be in for but the Alfa seems so much better put together in every way.

·
Registered
34,471 Posts
I found the Giulietta to be a couple of generations ahead of its predecessor as it was obviously benchmarked against the Audi A3 in some respects and designed to be a higher grade than the Bravo it related to. The project took 7 years to do but some of the interior was changed quite late on so lacks a bit of finesse.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So picked up the car 21st March and have been unable to drive it since due to lockdown. Only come out of the garage for a wash and polish and to fit new aerial. As I'll have plenty of time for the foreseeable future, I've decided to order bits for engine and gearbox oil change along with new air & fuel filter. Will also take use the opportunity to give the underside a good clean and treat it all with some Bilthamber stuff.

Come up quite nice after a polish, light wasn't great.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Administrator
87,073 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Pleased with the car, I'd been looking for a while. Looking forward to a time when I can get out to drive it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts