Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you knows the dimensions of the red lines I would gladly hear from you. I have been driving all across town for the last week to find a newer Giulietta to measure the exact position but haven't found one. The former owner of my car took off the badge with polishing and I want to stick a new one on the trunk.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I would take the measurement from the fold at the bottom of the boot door and keep it square and the right edge. I've tried to keep my rule as straight as possible but measurement will be near as. See photos.

Rule is a bit off on pic 1 but you can see if square it's round the 40mm mark. The fold is a soft too so no defined edge so it moved down a tad, thats on the 40 mark too. I would use 40 top, bottom and 40 to the right of the bottom of the A. That would be a near carbon copy fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Looks good to me. When I was measuring it I realised the lettering are individual unlike the old badge. I thought this will be tricking getting the spacing right and should have given you the length of the badge but spacing looks good in your photo. I prefer the styling of the old lettering, was more classy and different, but I understand they wanted to uniform all the badges as they were all over the place in style and positioning.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sticking individual letters would be a nightmare. Luckily the badge comes with the letters lined up with some adhesive foil on the front. You position the badge, stick it on and pull of the foil. I surely do like the old style badge in the center of the boot, but do think it only goes well with the old-style logo. With this fixed I can go on to the next minor things to fix/correct:yum:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts