Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that 5th and 6th were a bit noisy earlier this year. Thought nothing of it, but decided close to Xmas that it was definitely getting worse, and that I ought to act, given my 3rd year warranty expired in May this year.

Popped into Guests at Willenhall on New Year's eve, and got taken for a test drive. Immediate decision - "Yes that's not right, we will speak to Alfa UK and get a replacement gearbox authorised"

The new 'box was authorised almost immediately, which was just as well as 1st and 2nd got really noisy over the New Year period.

The car went in yesterday, and I picked it up today, complete with new gearbox.

Result - one very satisfied customer, so well done Guests of Willenhall and Alfa UK.

I got the impression from Guests that 159 gearboxes don't fail often, so mine may have been a one-off, but I am very happy with the service I got.

Sorry this is a boring post, but we need to remind ourselves of the good points of Alfa ownership. This is after all the only problem I have had in 45,000 miles.

Pete

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
They're my local too, and they just seem to get better and better.

Mine went in to fix a dodgy repair on the rear nearside door and they (or their bodyshop in B'ham) and they've done a fantastic job.

Changed the oil (only, no service) & the car is transformed.

Sold my wife a Mito and it's been perfect from day one.

Big thumbs up from me:)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Not a boring post at all PTCol - quite refreshing to hear of a Dealer giving good service. Perhaps one day they'll all reach that standard!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Mangoletsi wanted to put a new 'box in mine but ARUK wouldn't sanction it; they said it was normal.
Ditto. My main dislike on my car is the quick 2nd to 3rd gear change.

More crunch than a crunchie bar:tut:

I've heard that some decent gear box oil helps so will get Ned to do this when he fits the (much needed) front pads:thumbs:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Nice to hear swift action from the dealer :thumbs:

Touch wood, my gearboxes have all been perfect in the 159's :)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Crikey, two bits of good news about servicing/dealers on the same day!
Glad to hear they did their best to sort the problem with minimal disruption. Lets hope the word gets out and all get treated in the same way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts