Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but (and I could be wrong) I think this is the first time they've needed replacing since I bought the car in Feb 2006.

If I can be bothered, I'll check my records to see if I'm right, and what mileage I've done (but must be about 50,000 miles).

Does that seem like good going? I've no idea what a standard lifespan would be.

I get the feeling I'm easy on brakes - use them hard when driving fast, but hardly touch them in normal driving.

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
It helps having quite big pads.
Many years ago I had an old Audi Coupe, when I started towing with it I was getting through pads (Mintex 171) every 6-months and discs every year...!!
Quite small pads on that.....

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How thin are your brake discs now....?
:lol:
Well this is based on my mechanic advising me to change the pads within the next 3000 miles at my last MOT. He didn't mention the discs, so I assume they're fine - but he'll tell me if it turns out they need changing too, I'm sure. (Got it booked in on Tuesday next week.)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I fitted standard ferado on the saloon when in bought it over 2 years I think, I can't wait to change them to some pf pads so will give them a hard time, six years is crazy?. Never changed the discs so will check them but generally they seem to wear well. Would imagine 330s prob last longer than 305s. Get some pf pads the difference is amazing.

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On that subject, I nearly forgot to tell the mechanic he'd need pads for 330mm brakes, not 305mm as might be listed against the car identity. That would have been embarrassing!

You're right, it is 6 years isn't it? Upwards of 60,000 miles then. What's a standard sort of figure anyway?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts