Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my mot on the daily driver (P1 916 Twinspark Spider) and after not spending a penny other than oil and other standard service parts , she failed on front brake discs even though she passed the brake test?

Anyone point me in right direction for a great deal on front brake discs ......please!

:)

·
Registered
38,703 Posts
If you are planning on keeping the car it is definitley worth paying an extra couple of quid and getting ones with an anti-corrosion coating.

Most of the cheaper ones won't have it, and as soon as it rains they will rust in areas where the pad doesn't contact and look awful.

The Bendix (Honeywell) discs I bought for my G have it, the Mintex ones I got for our Focus don't.

Not sure about Pagid, but the Brembo ones are likely to have it, but I would certainly ask.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just had my mot on the daily driver (P1 916 Twinspark Spider) and after not spending a penny other than oil and other standard service parts , she failed on front brake discs even though she passed the brake test?

Anyone point me in right direction for a great deal on front brake discs ......please!

:)
Carparts4less.....£35 ea for Brembo Fr discs!:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, Sy I didnt know that as my front discs were failed on this issue, was tempted to take a metal file to the rust but decided they are 5 yrs old and due a change. Mark if that is postage included then that is a better deal than eurocarparts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks guys, Sy I didnt know that as my front discs were failed on this issue, was tempted to take a metal file to the rust but decided they are 5 yrs old and due a change. Mark if that is postage included then that is a better deal than eurocarparts.
Think that's delivered to a collection point near you. Carparts4less is basically Eurocarparts without the stores or frills!

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eurocarparts are currently doing 20% off but it still works cheaper at CP4L unless the Alfa Owner discount is better? ...... is it Davffc? :)

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After Davffc tipped, I searched and found for ECP the discount code : CLUBALFAOWN
This matches the highest discount currently available, and does better the current MIDMONTH20.

So,

Brembo front disc. £41.99 each
X 2 = £83.99
CLUBALFAOWN discount ( £ 21.41 )
TOTAL: £62.57 delivered

·
Registered
846 Posts
After Davffc tipped, I searched and found for ECP the discount code : CLUBALFAOWN
This matches the highest discount currently available, and does better the current MIDMONTH20.

So,

Brembo front disc. £41.99 each
X 2 = £83.99
CLUBALFAOWN discount ( £ 21.41 )
TOTAL: £62.57 delivered
Excellent, glad you sorted it out. I had popped out to collect some parts when you posted earlier.:happy:

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you are planning on keeping the car it is definitley worth paying an extra couple of quid and getting ones with an anti-corrosion coating.

Most of the cheaper ones won't have it, and as soon as it rains they will rust in areas where the pad doesn't contact and look awful.

The Bendix (Honeywell) discs I bought for my G have it, the Mintex ones I got for our Focus don't.

Not sure about Pagid, but the Brembo ones are likely to have it, but I would certainly ask.
Brembo without coating is part no. 09.5058.20
Brembo with coating is part no. 09.5058.21 and costs approximately £3 each extra

1 - 15 of 15 Posts