Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My name is Joe and I'm from the Emerald Isle. I've been looking at this site for a while getting tips on my future purchases.
I am currently the owner of a '00 156 moon blue which I love; my wife is driving a '04 Black 147.
Story goes her car broke down a couple of years ago and she had to drive mine for a bit and fell in love with Alfa's.
My cam belt broke a few months back at 62,000, my own fault for not replacing it. So while I was without my car for a couple of weeks I was driving a Daewoo Leganza and I will never take an Alfa for granted again as the difference between the two is massive.

My current situtation is I am looking to part with my 156 and am currently toying with getting a GT or waiting to see what the Brera looks like in the flesh.

Anyway still a lot to think about b4 I decide on which to get including price.
Nice to meet you all

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Welcome :cool:.... and as Hogys forgot to ask, post some piccies of your car in the image lounges if you like :)

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Shibboleth said:
Hi all,
My name is Joe and I'm from the Emerald Isle. I've been looking at this site for a while getting tips on my future purchases.
I am currently the owner of a '00 156 moon blue which I love; my wife is driving a '04 Black 147.
Story goes her car broke down a couple of years ago and she had to drive mine for a bit and fell in love with Alfa's.
My cam belt broke a few months back at 62,000, my own fault for not replacing it. So while I was without my car for a couple of weeks I was driving a Daewoo Leganza and I will never take an Alfa for granted again as the difference between the two is massive.

My current situtation is I am looking to part with my 156 and am currently toying with getting a GT or waiting to see what the Brera looks like in the flesh.

Anyway still a lot to think about b4 I decide on which to get including price.
Nice to meet you all
Hey there from the sunny SE of Ireland.
What part are you from?
I'm from the best hurling Co in Lenister with jerseys that have "yella belly"'s :eek:

Several more here are from Dublin, for the main part..... one guy from Dublin has a 147 1.6 Turbo :eek: ... for real. :D

My own is a 156 2.0L TS, black in colour, hence my name..... i'm white :p

That colour of Blue is lovely, i seen one only this week around Leixlip, maybe it was you?

Anyways, the guys & gals here are god for advise, i'm sure they'l' steer you away from ARs to good cars like Subarus ;) BUT don't listen to them :D ... thats an inside joke ... just read some of my othe rposts to understand it :)

Oh & btw, Welcome.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hey - welcome to another fellow Irishman and of course your good wife who I am sure will be looking in now and again too.
Better still get your wife to join under her own user name - its all the go here right now :D

I have a GT diesel which is great :cool:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome Shibboleth! :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Welcome on board mate. Have fun. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm from Dublin but like a lot of Dubs have moved out and am now living in Wicklow, so I'm a Dulchie :)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Damn ...

I am late again :D

Welcome to AO :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome Joe. Another Irish member...Alfa sales suddenly shot up there? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yo Joe, whadda you know.

Whats the craic?

I'm another Irishman. Baile Atha Cliath, baby!

I just joined now and its good to see theres a few irish heads on here keeping it real!

I gots a 156 2.0 with sports pack 3 by the way.

slan...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts