Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Ford Mustang. Just been on the web site configurator thingy. Here are the specs:

5.0 V8
0-60 - 4.8 secs
Top Speed - 155mph

Specced up to top spec price is £34k inc delivery, road tax, VAT.

Having been in one of the early ones in the UK last year, I can confirm that they sound very good and go very very well. Great looks as well.

How much is the Guilia going to cost? This has to be a direct rival doesn't it. Great value I reckon.

The technology behind the New Mustang Driving Experience | Ford UK

Attachments

·
Registered
37,942 Posts
A big car which looks better in the metal than pics. It will be interesting to see who buys them. Instead of a Giulia ?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I reckon it will do all a Giulia will offer at a fraction of the price and more reliably - oh, and it's actually available. Looks a little bit similar as well....

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
You probably won't get a 'Stang on a company car list.

;)

Deffo worth getting as a rental stateside though. :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do a 2.3 zero boost version which is a bit more acceptable. But really it needs to be the V8.....

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
How is this a rival to a Giulia apart from the fact that it is a largeish car that's pretty quick?

There's a reason why most American cars are cheap. Drive one for a few hundred miles and you'll find out. Cheap and nasty in many respects, although their engines certainly have improved.
The new Mustang has a flat-plane crank though, which means it doesn't have that characteristic American V8 burble anymore...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is this a rival to a Giulia apart from the fact that it is a largeish car that's pretty quick?

There's a reason why most American cars are cheap. Drive one for a few hundred miles and you'll find out. Cheap and nasty in many respects, although their engines certainly have improved.
The new Mustang has a flat-plane crank though, which means it doesn't have that characteristic American V8 burble anymore...
You should take a look at the new one. This is the global Mustang, in right hand drive as well, and the fit and finish are far better than days gone by.

·
Registered
534 Posts
What Giorget2 said

Sorry but they haven't made a decent Mustang since the 1960s

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I have had a look at the new one, though I have not driven one. The interior seems better, but still nowhere near the same as most European cars.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Media reviews say the interior is up to Ford Europe levels, which is pretty good. Mechanically it is pretty advanced - and for £34k! And it does look good in the flesh. oh and it sounds very good...

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Media reviews say the interior is up to Ford Europe levels, which is pretty good. Mechanically it is pretty advanced - and for £34k! And it does look good in the flesh. oh and it sounds very good...
I believe media reviews of new cars about as much as I believe that vampiric squirrels are living in the clouds.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts