Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New engines

2007-2008...

149
1.4 T 120hp
1.9 JTS 170hp
1.9 JTB 200hp option Q4
2.2 JTB 240hp+Q4
2.2 JTB 306hp GTA+Q4
1.6 JTDm 105hp
1.6 JTDm 120hp
1.9 JTDm 150hp
1.9 JTDm 175hp option Q4
1.9 JTDm 204hp option Q4

159 4p. & Sportwagon
1.8 140hp
1.9 JTS 170hp
1.9 JTB 200hp option Q4
2.2 JTB 240hp+Q4
3.2 V6 JTS 290hp+Q4
4.2 V8 JTS GTA 430hp/480Nm+Q4
1.9 JTDm 120hp
1.9 JTDm 150hp
1.9 JTDm 175hp option Q4
2.4 JTDm 225hp option Q4
3.0 V6 JTDm 280hp+Q4

Brera & Spider
1.9 JTB 200hp option Q4
2.2 JTB 240hp+Q4
3.2 V6 JTS 290hp+Q4
4.2 V8 JTS GTA 430hp+Q4

1.9 JTDm 175hp option Q4
3.0 JTDm 280hp+Q4

"169"
2.8 V6 JTS 250hp
3.2 V6 JTS 290hp
4.2 V8 JTS 400hp
4.7 V8 JTS GTA 470/480hp
2.4 JTDm 225hp
3.0 JTDm 280hp

"Crossover-Kamal"
2.8 V6 JTS 250hp
3.2 V6 JTS 290hp
4.2 V8 JTS 400hp
2.4 JTDm 225hp
3.0 JTDm 280hp

8C Competizione & Spider
4.7 V8 JTS 470/480hp
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Kind of begs the question....WHY DON'T THEY BLOODY FIT THE HIGHER POWER ENGINES NOW AND STEAL A MARCH ON THE OPPOSITION? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
I really hope what you say comes to fruition sakis in relation to the Maser derived engines,i'd be a very camper indeed.:)
But what is this JTB engine you mention?Supercharged?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,591 Posts
jozza said:
I really hope what you say comes to fruition sakis in relation to the Maser derived engines,i'd be a very camper indeed.:)
But what is this JTB engine you mention?Supercharged?
Jozza, , I wonder what 3 engine derivatives we will get in Australia for the 149......
Cannot imagine any more than 3 engine options in Australia ....
so probably the 1.9 JTS as base model.
A 2.2 as the performance model . Whether we will get both "standard" and GTA versions is another matter.
And a basic 1.9 JTDm diesel without Q4


For the 159 it is a bit trickier even more engines and less cars to put them in. By this I mean that unless Ateco sells cars by order rather than buys in bulk it is going to be hard for them to chose the likely engine options with such an array.
It is likely that we will see the Maserati derived engine in Australia unless they think they can getaway with putting a GTA badge on a V6. This has been done before in Australia.ie putting badges on cars which do not correspond to the cars capability.

When you consider that Ateco basically sold their best selling 147 model (pre update) with only one engine option and 3 or 5 doors and 2 gearbox options and no other options apart from fabric or leather seats and a sunroof (ignoring exterior colour) then I cannot imagine they will be very adveturous with the next generation, unless they are selling really well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Stori said:
Jozza, , I wonder what 3 engine derivatives we will get in Australia for the 149......
Cannot imagine any more than 3 engine options in Australia ....
so probably the 1.9 JTS as base model.
A 2.2 as the performance model . Whether we will get both "standard" and GTA versions is another matter.
And a basic 1.9 JTDm diesel without Q4


For the 159 it is a bit trickier even more engines and less cars to put them in. By this I mean that unless Ateco sells cars by order rather than buys in bulk it is going to be hard for them to chose the likely engine options with such an array.
It is likely that we will see the Maserati derived engine in Australia unless they think they can getaway with putting a GTA badge on a V6. This has been done before in Australia.ie putting badges on cars which do not correspond to the cars capability.

When you consider that Ateco basically sold their best selling 147 model (pre update) with only one engine option and 3 or 5 doors and 2 gearbox options and no other options apart from fabric or leather seats and a sunroof (ignoring exterior colour) then I cannot imagine they will be very adventurous with the next generation, unless they are selling really well.
Yep i totally agree with you.Not only do we get limited models here but we always tend to get the butt end of production vehicles,it's a totally lagged effect.Going by history,they tend to bring the more powerful based engine models first with very few options,then trickle down the order in engine capacity and more options.You make a good point in regards to the purchasing method used by the distributor themselves.
I'll be a very unhappy camper if they rebadge a GTA for anything other than a true GTA(i'll be picketing outside Ateco headquarters for sure ) :)
Actually there's been a lot of talk about the Brera and 159 recently and many have forgotten about the 149 which if the 147 is anything to go by will probably be deemed the biggest sales performer of them all.Ateco should think long and hard to pass on this percieved demand to us Aussies
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
jozza said:
I really hope what you say comes to fruition sakis in relation to the Maser derived engines,i'd be a very camper indeed.:)
But what is this JTB engine you mention?Supercharged?
JTB is turbo with direct injection (JetTurboBenzina?) like TFSI
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
The petrol turbos are new technology for Alfas (in recent history) and there is a lot of development work there I should imagine. But the figures suggest a more than 10% increase in the power output of the remaining JTS engines. If they are coming up with specific figures of what they can achieve now, presumably they 'have the technology' already. A shame that they couldn't have used this technology for the new 159 at launch :confused: .

Great that at last though, that we won't have reason to complain about a lack of power now, especially as cars are getting heavier and heavier with modern safety demands etc :cool: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
VO2Max said:
...If they are coming up with specific figures of what they can achieve now, presumably they 'have the technology' already. A shame that they couldn't have used this technology for the new 159 at launch :confused: .
Imagine if Alfa had rushed engine development for the 159 - and ended up with a turkey. It would have been a very bad thing. Let's hope which ever of (and hopefully the lot!) engines listed above will make it into production - and be rock solid.

It will be curious to see if all future engines will be chain driven. The current JTS seems to have fixed a lot of the TS "niggles"...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
alfa_mad said:
It will be curious to see if all future engines will be chain driven. The current JTS seems to have fixed a lot of the TS "niggles"...
Just curious, how does the JTS compare to the TS in terms of weight/performance? ( I drove a 1.9 JTDM last week for 3 days, it beats my 1.8 TS in terms of mileage and med- to hi-speed boost, but the car didn't feel anything as dynamic as my 155 doing city driving... )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Second step of 1.9JTDm will be presented the following autumn and it will be the strongest diesel in terms of specific power with single turbocharging.A twin-turbo version will follow in 2007 with an output of 200hp (105hp/lt) and it will be the first diesel to overcome 100hp/lt!..it will have same fuel consumption with 1.9JTDm 150hp (6,1lt/100Km) and performances simiral to 2.4JTDm 200hp!.Another impressive figure is the torque of 360ΝΜ which it will be available constantly from 1750rpm to 3000rpm

Diesel top 3
1. Fiat Auto 1.9JTDm 175hp/360nm 92hp/lt & 190nm/lt
2. BMW "35d" 3.0lt TwinTurbo 272hp/560nm 91hp/lt 187nm/lt
3. Renault 2.0 DCi 175hp/360nm 88hp/lt 180nm/lt

2.4JTDm 220/225hp Spring of 2007
3.0JTDm Autumn of 2007
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally the new 3.0V6 JTDm will be fitted in 159/Brera/Croma at the end of 2006/first trimester of 2007 and according to testers it will move 159/Brera faster that 3.2jts v6 cause of its enormous torque.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
pierre_samanni said:
Just curious, how does the JTS compare to the TS in terms of weight/performance? ( I drove a 1.9 JTDM last week for 3 days, it beats my 1.8 TS in terms of mileage and med- to hi-speed boost, but the car didn't feel anything as dynamic as my 155 doing city driving... )
A friend of mine drives a GT 2.0JTS. Compared to the 2.0TS engine the JTS has way better throttle response and low-mid rev torque but it seems not as revvy as the TS. But overall the JTS car is considerably faster than the TS counterparts. Remember, horsepower sells cars but torque wins races. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,710 Posts
On the GTV the difference is not great at all. I've got a graph at home that compares the two 2.0 TS which I'll try and post up.
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top