Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I just got my 155 2.0 96' back, with a "new" engine, clutch, generator, and i had my yellow koni and eibach spings fitted. So i should be happy. :D

But, the engine stopping when i press down the clutch, even that or i goes to around 500 rews.

The engine is from a 156, (don't know the year) and it has 34.000 KM's on it. Do you know what could be the problem?

I not sure if they have fitted the new engine control or the original one, or if it makes a difference.

Please help. :confused:

Yes i know, and i going to take the car there tomorrow, and i'll probably know more tomorrow night, .. and i'll let you know. But i'd like to know tonight.
wink
Niels

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
chances are the 155 ECU isnt up to the job of powering the 156 engine no doubt most of the sensors are totaly different and the ECU doesnt know whats hit it..i have no idea why it would stop when you press down the clutch.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I know that my 1997 - Gamma 96 155 had a different ECU from my 1997 - My 95 model, but it still ran OK, if just down a little on power.

Is the engine from a selaspeed by any chance? Maybe it is not used to having clutch!
Sorry I can't help more. It must be electrical.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Selespeeds have a normal clutch and gearbox, the difference is in how its operated.

I'm told there is some kind of fuel cut off which operates when the clutch is depressed to prevent overrun or over fuelling when you stop. Perhaps this is causing problems?? Isn't there some kind of engine load sensor too?? Think its gotta be a sensor or electrical.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

I might have written it wrong, the problem is/was not the clutch, it was with the clutch down, but the prob was also there in neutral, is was just the engine stalling was running in idle mode....

Twice they looked at it, first time got a little better after they had cleaned, ehhhhh.. the well i don't remember the word in danish and im not sure i know it in english, but it has something to do with the air and gas mixing....

second time they had the same thing all disassembled... and cleaned again i guess...

Now it works, at least i havn't had the problem since. Only question is when it is coming back...

Do you know the feeling when you only sit there waiting for the thing to happen again..... I wonder if i'm ever going to be happy with the car again

Niels

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nillo - "but it has something to do with the air and gas mixing...." - do you mean the lambda (oxygen) sensor? This controls the fuel/air mixture. Would possibly give similiar symptoms now I've read your post again.

If they have just cleaned and put it back? This is no good, you will have to replace it soon.

If its not the sensor then the mystery continues :D

wrinx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts