Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Bought my 159 1.9 JTDm in early December from an independent dealer, and it came with a 6 month warranty.

'Have engine checked' light came on last week so I got my local mechanic to diagnose what the problem was. Turns out I need a new EGR valve, which is not covered by the warranty (although it does state exhaust valve is - might be the same thing?)

He said I should contact the dealer I bought the car from and ask them to pay for the new EGR valve. I'm doubtful they will but wondered what general opinion is? Obviously the EGR valve is not something that suddenly breaks, it will have been a long time coming.

If I have to replace myself, then any ideas roughly what I should be paying?

Also - one xenon headlight has stopped working, could be the transformer apparently. What's the damage on that?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Obviously the EGR valve is not something that suddenly breaks, it will have been a long time coming.
If the electronic actuator has gone, it can break in a second. If the body is gummed up, just take it off and clean it up with engine degreaser :thumbs:

Also - one xenon headlight has stopped working, could be the transformer apparently. What's the damage on that?
I would imagine a fair bit being OEM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts