Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have purchased some rather smart LUSSO badges off eBay for my AR 156. What do you all think? Also where would you all think is the best place to put them??

Cheers,

Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
38,259 Posts
Somewhere Underneath the front indicator repeaters is where I would put them. :thumbs:

Maybe just above the line where the wings join the sills

·
Registered
99 Posts
i'd put them on Ebay, LOL he he,
just kidding i would also put them on the front wing below the side repaeters

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I got the Veloce ones and put them on my Veloce :) also under the side indicators, towards the bottom of the wing.

I really like them - but if I change my mind there only held on with double sided tape :)

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Not if it's a '98 ... Lusso's didn't come in until the early 2000's with the Veloce and Turismo models. ;)

'98 was just the base model or with three sportpack options ... didn't have names ... the SportPacks are the equiv of Veloces though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the Veloce ones and put them on my Veloce :) also under the side indicators, towards the bottom of the wing.

I really like them - but if I change my mind there only held on with double sided tape :)
You got a picture m8?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not if it's a '98 ... Lusso's didn't come in until the early 2000's with the Veloce and Turismo models. ;)

'98 was just the base model or with three sportpack options ... didn't have names ... the SportPacks are the equiv of Veloces though.
It is a Lusso, it says on the v5.

Auto express:-

"However, the optional Lusso trim pack is the most desirable. Depending on model, it adds headlamp washers, a third centre head restraint, climate control, a CD player and choice of velour or leather trim. The Veloce alternative includes a dubious bodykit, fatter alloys, sports suspension and carbon-effect interior detailing.

For model year 2000, the trim levels were improved, with revised Lusso and Veloce packs becoming models in their own right, but still with the choice of Recaro seats and leather trim. "

·
Registered
38,259 Posts
I have a brochure form when the 156 was launched, and there was definitely a lusso pack.

The Lusso pack was optional on TS cars and standard on the V6 unless of course you opted for a sportpack. :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I bought my 156 new in 1998 ... the list was simple. A 156 with option packs ... no Lusso, no Turismo, no Veloce ... IIRC apart from that the only options were passenger airbag, sunroof, and third 3-point seatbelt with extra headrest .. but not if you have the SportPack 2 interior, and rear spoilers. My 2.0 came standard with headlamp washers & climate control. V6's were slightly different to the 2.0 but I think they got 16" alloys as standard rather than as part of the options packs. the V5 just says 156 ... doesn't mention Sportpack, etc.

But then again, I ordered mine in about May 98 ***, so by August, the deals could have changed. But I'm still pretty sure the Lusso came in in 1999 or 2000 ... but then I'm getting older and my memory isn't what it was ....

What were we talking about? ;)

*** That was before they had any demo cars in the UK. Ordered it from an Italian brochure (they had the while multi-spokes as options, UK didn't then :cry: ) and before it was even on show at the London Motorshow ... mad or what ...

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Tell you what 156-v6 ... PM or email me you VIN number and I'll look it up on eper .. that should sort it out ... save all the arguing! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tell you what 156-v6 ... PM or email me you VIN number and I'll look it up on eper .. that should sort it out ... save all the arguing! ;)
I have just done a eper Vin check, all it tells ya is as follows:-

MVS:- 116.829.0 (0) BN 2.5 V6 24v CF2 Ricco
VERSION:- V3 BN Rich/Distintive
INTERIOR:- 494 Pelle MOMO Blu
PROD DATE:- 11/1998

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Doesn't tell you much about the version does it? Mines:

MVS: 116.825.0(0) | BN 2.0 TS 16V CF2 RICCO
Version: V3 | BN RICH/DISTINTIVE
Prod Date: 05/1998

So did the Lusso get introduced in late-1998?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Nice indicators :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The Lusso was a pack that you could just add on to the basic model on the early cars. Later on it became a model in its own right. Pea Seas pic shows the proper official position for the badge, although not many Lussos came with them for some reason.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here you go...
The Lusso was a pack that you could just add on to the basic model on the early cars. Later on it became a model in its own right. Pea Seas pic shows the proper official position for the badge, although not many Lussos came with them for some reason.
Thanks guys, The badges look good. At least i know where i can put them now and in the official Alfa place..

Yeah, i dont know why it didnt come with Lusso Badges as it is definitely a LUSSO. I have seen others aswell that havent got the badges.:confused: Maybe Alfa were out of Stock of them:lol:

I will hopefully get some pictures up once i have cleaned & polished my 156 (weather Permitting!!!!)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts