Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past i have defended new drivers as i'm pretty new to driving myself but today that defense has ended.:tut:

In the past week plodding in and out of 2 local towns I have noticed that new drivers or as they are in NI, R platers are complete and utter knobjockey's. I've seen alot of these new drivers have visited the Nurburgring in their cars that probably once belonged to a granny as they have the sticker on the back of the car to prove it, yet because of this i can't understand how they could be such bad drivers?:confused:

But today took took the biscuit as i seen a R plated VW Polo towing a trailer with a jetsky on it at what looked like breakneck speed around a jam packed carpark of Tescos:tut: What a grade A W.anker!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This just brings me right onto my other hate, surfer-dude-teenagers which i seen sitting ontop of their old VW Golf roof having an ice lolly looking RAD!!! even though it was ******* down. IDIOTS!

N

·
0 Posts
You are not allow to tow trailers here unless you pass
an additional towing test.

In fact there is very little entitlement after passing your test.
Just a car. That's about it.

My UK licence with all the different categories makes the
Frenchies gasp with awe.
:lol:

V

·
0 Posts
i know we were all new drivers once but they get on my **** to.

the ones that use the town centre one way system as a circuit do my head in.

note to new drivers nobody thinks your barry'd 1.0 corsa is cool

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Always try to give folk lee way as we all had to learn but get mad at the tubes who think the fact they passed their test means they are finished learning. I was always told I would only really learn to drive once I was on my own in a car and it was good advice for me.

I hate barryd Corsas with a passion - 1.0 and 1.2s are not fast no matter how bloody loud you make the exhaust. Putting a turbo badge on the back doesn't fool anyone either.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I hate OLD drivers today, going round a roundabout today a car enters from my left and then goes in a straight line across the roundabout forcing me to do an emergency stop in the middle.

Get of the roundabout overtake "old tw&t" and slow down he is f-ing oblivous to anything so give up, notice a VW boring (Bora) has overtaken me and has slowed to match my pace.
Acelerate away from "old [email protected]" and go to pass Bora (2 lane road) see black smoke from Bora (TDI) as he starts to accelerate then the Bora decides to straddle both lanes and slam his brakes on :mad: almost causing an accident WTF has it got to do with him :confused:
And to top all that my wife is nagging becuase I'm too agressive, but I didn't bloody start it they did :mad:

On a good note did get 2 Alfa waves today when out in my 146, one from a white 146 and another from a black 145 :thumbs:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate barryd Corsas with a passion - 1.0 and 1.2s are not fast no matter how bloody loud you make the exhaust. Putting a turbo badge on the back doesn't fool anyone either.
Turbo, Irmisher & Motorsport badges are so last year, I tell you its all about Nurburgring stickers now!:rant::lol:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Haven't seen the Nurburgring stickers much about here - will need to keep an eye out. Could always do with a laugh :lol:

My 1st car was a Panda - I could have put any sticker on it and it wouldn't have fooled anyone even though it was the 1000 "super" What was super about it I'm not sure.

·
Registered
471 Posts
There is already a ****-take version of the Nurburgring Sticker, the M25-Ring Sticker. I spotted a few on British cars at Le Mans this year.

·
Registered
764 Posts
You are not allow to tow trailers here unless you pass
an additional towing test.

In fact there is very little entitlement after passing your test.
Just a car. That's about it.

My UK licence with all the different categories makes the
Frenchies gasp with awe.
:lol:
Not sure if the laws have changed but 20 years ago you could drive up to a 7.5 tonne box van with a car licence in the UK - or a double decker bus with passengers as long as they were not fare-paying!

I bet 95% of drivers don't even know what a R-plate is.

S

·
0 Posts
Not sure if the laws have changed but 20 years ago you could drive up to a 7.5 tonne box van with a car licence in the UK - or a double decker bus with passengers as long as they were not fare-paying!

GB Drivers wouldn't as it's an NI and Isle of Man thing. Similar to the Green "P" plates (which Tesco still insist on selling here).

It's true though, they get into their Corsa, new driver, think they're Michael Schumacher.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I'm sure a Corsa would be fast with a 2.5 v6 dropped in but that's not the ones I see about here. It is fun when they get right behind you at a roundabout and try to blast past on the exit - 2 roundabouts here that go to 2 lanes at the exit for a few hundred yards before going back to single. Most of them are all noise and no go.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
AFAIK, since a few years back, the normal driving test does not permit new drivers to tow a trailer (or drive vehicles over 3.5t),

as per my wife's license, she passed her test about 6 years ago

·
Registered
128 Posts

If you passed your car test prior to 01/01/1997, you will automatically have a C1 (7.5 tonne) entitlement, if you passed after that date you have to take a separate test.

Then you do your Class 2 (Rigid or "C") then you do your Class 1 (Artic or "C+E"), but you have to pass the full test in one class before they give you a provisional licence for the next class up.

I think you can still drive a bus on a car licence as long as it isn't for profit or reward.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts