Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The door seals on the GTV were shot, so bought some new ones from Partsworld. Arrived today fitted in 5 mins. - result! No problems at all, which for me is very unusual. Looks like previous owners had tried to glue them in (more than once it seems). Simply slotted in.

Second result today was discovering a CD version of the workshop manual which I had forgotten had come with the car. Was about to orde one of ebay but no need! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Nice one! :)

Which door seals are we talking about?

I made a small repair to the back edge of the outer door seal under the window. I had a few millimetres gap, so I used masking tape to set the limits for the black silicone sealant. By applying the masking tape on top of the sealant too, I managed to get a suitably roughened texture to make it look less like a blob of silicone and more like a specially-moulded seal. However, if I could buy a new seal, I would ;)

-Alex

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are the outer door seals which are on the body panel running down in a curve as you open the doors. Part no. 60589853 & - 854.
Cheers
Jay

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I bought one to replace the offside seal. Not sure if they are OEM (£23) but I now struggle to shut the door.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm struggling to find someone that has the seals for my new (to me) spider.

Its missing on the drivers side with just studs showing and the passenger side one is a bit.......um........floppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts