Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to splash a bit of cash on the shiny bits (the monkey metal is full of pits) ready for MITCAR but could do with an idea on the method for fitting exterior door handles - anyone?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone on ARBB said it was obvious H2 - anyone care to add anything?

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Man of your ability wont find it difficult, just get the door cards off and have a look.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
photo from the back if it helps to summon up courage....;)
(edit: to help visualise the excellent instructions from Garwood over on BB, that you have no doubt read)

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - My door handle snapped

someone mentioned having to fiddle with the key to get lever in the right position that it actually comes out.....but not sure 'bout that, maybe it was referenced to swop out the locks so you could keep your original keys....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great find - thanks Dom - I had been searching on BB but not got anywhere - I'll drop Chris a line as well
The bits arrived this morning - prompt post from CA as usual and they do look very shiny - cant wait

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Martin when are you opening your S2 restoration business? Can I book my car in first please:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course Rod - drop it round and I'll have it done in about 4 years - that's how long mines taken ....

Reactions: roony

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
All done - only problem I had was getting the handles out of the skin (and the new ones in) - very tight fit despite a lot of wriggling, love to see how they did it at the factory

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Knew you'd do it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Knew you'd do it.
For some reason I always dread starting projects like this - I've no idea why because they seem to turn out OK, even mammoth bush replacements... next on my mind is new front apron, boot floor and rear valance - scary but worthwhile.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Now THAT is starting to get serious!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few years ago I restored a 1275 GT from a basket case in my Marley garage - I certainly learnt a lot from that experience but did enjoy it, now I have the time it seems the right thing to do ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts