Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I represent the CIC group and further to the developments with Fiat/Alfa-Romeo in Cyprus, we'd like to inform you of the upcoming Motorshow at the Nicosia State Fair ground from today until sunday. We'd love to see you at our Hall (number-3, opposite the sindrivani) and have the chance to meet and talk, also with our new Demades General Manager. If you need invitations, you can collect from the Demades showroom in Nicosia (Kantaras Avenue).

The vehicles on the stand are the Mito, Spider, GT and the new 159 Ti.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks !

Alexis Anninos

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GM is new and comes from a long previous experience with CIC. I would suggest you drop by the Motorshow, meet and talk. Otherwise we arrange it at another place and another time.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Hello Alexi

If I may ask, what is your position in the company?
I will visit you in the MotorShow.
I just want to see if the new Brera with the TBi engine is finally available in Cyprus

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
nice.. any job vacancies in the hope-to-be restructed newly obtained branches? :)
good luck with the motorshow, maybe its a good idea we all arrange a meeting date.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To answer Nikolasv, my position is Deputy Managing Director of the CIC Group. Both myself and the new Demades GM will be at the Motorshow every day, so pls ask for us when you are there. A separate meeting will be also very welcome. Anyway, we tried to prepare a representative stand for Fiat/Alfa-Romeo ... hope you like it.

Regarding the new engined Brera, we were not able to obtain a sample for the Motorshow, but we do have the same engined 159.

Regarding n3xus-cy question, It's only been a few days since we started with Demades, therefore just beginning to know the current structure.
Please understand that, from our side, we feel that we cannot go into criticizing the previous management and owners. We can only look forward.

Generally speaking we have already started organising a customer feedback exercise, therefore some of you may be contacted by an independent agency in the near future.

Thanks !

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Hi Alexi,

sorry to ask , but how familiar are you with Alfa's in general ? Do you have a history with Alfa's or just because of your job ?
Please dont get me wrong, its just that in my mind I would feel much better knowing that the people who are promoting Alfa's now are real "Petrol heads" rather than people who will promote them just because its their job.

By the way, I have visited the exhibition yesterday.
The thing that made the biggest impression to me and made me very happy is that the showroom of Alfa Romeo and FIAT was probably the best of the whole exhibition :cool:

On the other hand, the thing that got me worried was that I saw a lot of new faces, who looked lost, as if someone dropped them there with a parachute :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your motorshow comments. Liked the parachure remark !! Well ... the only new faces there would have been mine and the Gm's. I wish we weren't looking that much lost ...

But anyway, I'll briefly let you know how I'm involved with cars and you can decide my petrolhead rating ... restoration and small repairs of my classic cars at home, involved in Classic car rallying for many years (both FIPA and FIA), involved in regular Rallying for many years. From timekeeping/marshaling, safety, route car and in every FIA rally (Cyprus Rally and Troodos rally) and most AA local ralllies in Cyprus doing one of the opening cars ("0" cars)

With regards to classic Alfa-Romeo I have to admit, I'm not an expert, but I know some things. I've also been preparing on the subject (technical and going through a lovely and admittendly very expensive 2 volume guide of all Alfas). Also, from what I know from the local classic car scene, the two dominant brands are Mercedes and Alfa-Romeo, therefore the enthusiasm speaks volumes by itself.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
But anyway, I'll briefly let you know how I'm involved with cars and you can decide my petrolhead rating ... restoration and small repairs of my classic cars at home, involved in Classic car rallying for many years (both FIPA and FIA), involved in regular Rallying for many years. From timekeeping/marshaling, safety, route car and in every FIA rally (Cyprus Rally and Troodos rally) and most AA local ralllies in Cyprus doing one of the opening cars ("0" cars)

With regards to classic Alfa-Romeo I have to admit, I'm not an expert, but I know some things. I've also been preparing on the subject (technical and going through a lovely and admittendly very expensive 2 volume guide of all Alfas). Also, from what I know from the local classic car scene, the two dominant brands are Mercedes and Alfa-Romeo, therefore the enthusiasm speaks volumes by itself.
That's.... interesting!!! :thumbs:

Anyway... I am sure many of us hope, and they would love to give you guys a chance to prove, that you are better than the previous management.
Even though I can't talk about the previous management because I bought my first alfa only 2 years ago and I don't have any complains from them.
And I think it's for your best interest to hear from the already Alfa Owners because (unlike other marques) most of us will stick to Alfas for many years. :thumbs:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As the British say, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating", so we'll see how you rate us as we progress.

Truth is that, as with all enthusiasts, you know exactly what you want, therefore don't mix your words.

See you at the Motorshow then ...

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Just came back from the MotorShow...
Indeed the Alfa Romeo/Fiat/Mercedes/Smart Hall was very special... (nice job :thumbs:)
I had a discussion with a Salesman there (a senior gentleman) and I WILL excpect your reply/offer...

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
It is a great showroom , isnt it ?
... even though they put the Mercs on high platforms and let the Alfa's on the ground :lol: ... not a very smart move from the Mercedes dealership I may add :rolleyes:
My wife to be said that they used the platforms so people would actually notice that there were Mercs in the showroom as well :cheese:

Nicolas, what kind of offer are you waiting for ? I'm still waiting for the price on the 159 TBi :inlove:
Either that one or one of the new line ;) new 169 or Giulia maybe ;)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
My wife to be said that they used the platforms so people would actually notice that there were Mercs in the showroom as well :cheese:
Couldn't agree more lolllllllllll!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese: Nicely said, give her my regards :cheese::cheese::cheese:

Nicolas, what kind of offer are you waiting for ? I'm still waiting for the price on the 159 TBi :inlove:
Either that one or one of the new line ;) new 169 or Giulia maybe ;)
Well... I am waiting for the price on the Brera TBi (they said it will be available to order within a few weeks??)

The 159 TBi looked stunning :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The specific article was posted yesterday, January 21st, on Autonews website

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100121/ANE/100129973

The Alfa-Romeo brand has a lot of value and most importantly dedicated customers. The only thing it needs is fresh models (e.g. Giulietta), new engines (which have just come out) and an automatic gearbox option in order to attract many more customers. Unfortunately the majority of customers don't like using that strange stick in the center console which some say is for changing gears. I personally prefer manuals, but for example, in the Mercedes customer circle I seem to be an exception. I used to own the only manual SLK (previous model) sold by CIC.

If they decide to weaken Alfa-Romeo, then they'll have nothing to offer in the size of the Giulietta, 159, Brera & Spider. My personal opinion is that they can't afford to be missing from these segments in Europe. The European segment figures speak for themselves. If they decide to fill this gap with the Chrysler/Dodge brands, these have proved that they cannot be sold in quantities in Europe.

They say they'll decide around April. Lets see ...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
159 TBi is an absolute gem. At least 4 people called me and in other words pointed out that it was the most beautiful car of the show, and they are not connected in alfa romeo or italian cars in any way.. Still didnt managed to visit the fare, maybe tonight or tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Unfortunately the majority of customers don't like using that strange stick in the center console which some say is for changing gears. I personally prefer manuals, but for example, in the Mercedes customer circle I seem to be an exception. I used to own the only manual SLK (previous model) sold by CIC.
I noticed that also,.... but it seems that salespeople also push their customers to buy cars with automatic gearbox

I remember, a few days before I order my Brera I went to test drive the new Audi TT (just to have a look at the competition).
After the test drive when I went back in the showroom I asked them, if I can drive one with a manual gearbox and the salesmanager looked at me if I asked for the strangest think in the world and then he replied "Why on earth you want manual gearbox?" :confused:

Anyway... it's true people nowdays (and especially young people) don't like manual gearboxes. Fortunatly this doesn't apply for me (and my future wife):thumbs::thumbs:

Can I ask... How often do you sell Spider/Breras or 159s with manual gearbox? Is there any Brera in Cyprus with manual gearbox? (I haven't seens any except mine ofcourse:thumbs:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are some 159/Brera/Spider manuals sold in 2009. But the 1750's are only available with the manual gearbox.

People got used to Automatics starting from the imported used vehicles from Japan. In the rest of Europe, automatics are not as common as in Cyprus.

Salespersons of upmarket brands, push the automatics as they are the vehicles usually held in stock as they are requested by the majority. Also for day-to-day the automatic gearchange is easier to deal with. But for the pleasure of driving, the manual is best, with the best of the automatics coming 2nd.

And to joke, a manual gives you an excuse not to hold your girlfriends hand all the time while driving. For some reason they demand it, especially in the beginning.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts