Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this months copy of Cars in Action, and there's a great insert in the magazine, which has an article on a new Fiat and Alfa dealership opening in PTA east. It's exaclty where the old Toit's was (no relation to the new ownership at all). Cnr of Garsfontein and Louis. Great success! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Good stuff, we need another one in the North of JHB as well !

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I see ads on Junkmail for GQV with 2000kms going for R290k...wow!

·
Registered
976 Posts
So get it Guili its a good deal and sell your general appliace machine:)

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Gents, I deleted the posts above..... keep calm.

Oh , yes , for reference, I spoke to someone in the know yesterday, the only Giulietta that has come back with valid issues was Hygrades.....

P

·
0 Posts
Eric, thanks for deleting that.

Guili, your way of thinking didn't make sense at all. So because HG and one or two others has an issue with his G al G's are of bad quality then? Boy then by that assumption my friends GTI in which the clutch and pressure plate failed within 6months and my VW Polo TDI had 3 blown turbos. So by your thinking I must come to t he conclusion that all VW's are bad?

As I said I have had my G for almost 30 000ks and no issues. And they have sold well over 400. Do you see 400 people in the SA thread complaining? I think not

Getting back to the topic at hand. Alfa/Fiat needs a lot more dealerships. So if you unhappy with one its easy to move to another. This is unfortunately not so easy right now... The more dealers the more accessible the cars the greater the number of cars sold.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealers need a more comprehensive line up to be sustainable too. The Giulia and SUV are still at least a year or two away. At least the last run of the 159 will help a little till then. I can'y help but wonder why they don't bring any diesels in, the excuse of fuel grades seems a little weak cause every other manufacturer brings theirs in, and some of the others also do low volumes like Alfa. A diesel Giuilietta, although not my taste, would definitly boost sales, and an auto box Mito would also push a few units. Just my thoughts though.

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah the fuel quality argument doesn't hold. They reprogrammed the petrol ecu's to handle our fuel. Why can't the same not be done with the diesel.

Giulia, 4C, SUV all probably only hitting our shores in 2013 :(

So Alfa can only expand the range by bringing in a few MiTo and Giulietta diesels. And a Giulietta and MiTo TCT wouldn't hurt. So while they wait for models they probably thinking this is the time to expand the footprint of dealerships before all the new models hit our shores.

I for one has already informed FIAT SA and an Alfa Romeo dealer of my interest in the 4C.Sent an expression of interest to them. So if SA ever gets a chance to order a few I will be one of the lucky ones to place an order :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Dam - missed Guilis comment, I always love it. But Guili don't you think it time to change your avatar?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
eish im not here and my name everywhere.. look its a fridaycar and alfa know it.. its a new car and are coming tot he party .. no issues.. it happens.. google b,w, golf ferrari.. they all have issues. so what.. still love it..

there was a guy in chin i think it was who destroyed his lambo publicly cause they screwed his brand new car...

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
eish im not here and my name everywhere.. look its a fridaycar and alfa know it.. its a new car and are coming tot he party .. no issues.. it happens.. google b,w, golf ferrari.. they all have issues. so what.. still love it..

there was a guy in chin i think it was who destroyed his lambo publicly cause they screwed his brand new car...
That was me and my other car

·
Registered
596 Posts
Dude that is uncalled for!!!!:tut:
Apparently too much VW makes one sick :lol:

If you really want reliability buy a Honda, yet the fact is we buy what we like - even if sometimes it is a Honda - and need not justify it to anyone....that being said , this is an ALFA forum Guili.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
hmmmm kids behave please.. FFS

there is also a new dealership opening in the south of JHB next year.. not saying where just yet. but its gonna be real close to home

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
there is also a new dealership opening in the south of JHB next year.. not saying where just yet. but its gonna be real close to home
Cool - so Chatz for in the week and <new place> for the weekend. You are one lucky man! :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I looked at Brad's GQV and want one again...I'd rather not say what I did when I read the brittiany broken thread else my post will be deleted again.

Oh...the GTi is almost sold. 90% complete!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
why not sel it 100% complete.. why sell half a car

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
lmfao...its a trade in, waiting on a couple of things and have to take off all the mods.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
trade in on what

1 - 20 of 40 Posts