Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a new clutch fitted to my 147 GTA by my friendly retired Alfa mechanic. As soon as the car was all put back together the engine warning light came on and the Motor Control System Failure message on the dashboard. On putting it on Fiat ecu multiscan computer we get a P0100 fault: Maf sensor. I am thinking it must be something that was disconnected during the clutch change that has caused this. Battery was removed from the car, earth strap off gearbox, MAF sensor off top of Air Filter.

Mechanic has tried cleaning the MAF sensor, the battery is giving good voltage. I have suggested he check all the earths.

Has anyone got any other suggestions?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's the same as a 156 gta, check the earth lead on the back of the inlet manifold near the ecu.
After checking all earths and creating a few more, no luck. Turns out MAF sensor was dead for some reason, maybe it shorted on removal or replacement . Anyway got a new genuine Bosch one for equivalent of 73 pounds. It is also used on a Holden which is the southern hemisphere version of a Vauxhall.

No more faults anymore.

Clutch juddering which was the reason for replacement turned out to be caused by the centre having broken out of the release bearing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked it using a multi meter which didnt show a fault , everytime we cleared the fault using fiat multiscan computer programme, it came back as soon as the ignition switched on. So unfortunately did it the old fashioned way. Get a new Maf Sensor, put it in car , no more fault. Of course we bought the sensor from a local friendly Auto Electrician so it was on a basis of if it didnt fix the problem we could give it back.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
its quite common if you unplug them with the battery still connected. Just one of those things. Same as found in 2.0JTS as well

Reactions: maxiboy wales
1 - 7 of 7 Posts