Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SMMT have published the December UK new car registrations list.

Alfa Romeo did well in December, due no doubt to sales of the Giulietta, which as a new model, is still riding the wave.

Total Alfa for December 1077 units compared with only 599 for December 2009.

For 2010 the total Alfa Romeo registrations stand at 8834 which is 2.57% down on 2009's figure of 9067.
No doubt they could have increased sales over 2009 if Giulietta had been in the showrooms a month or so earlier as was originally scheduled.

AR market share has dropped slightly for the year from 0.45 to 0.43, although Decembers figure was 0.87%

The German marques all showed an increase in sales over the year - BMW, Audi, Volkswagen, Mini and Mercedes were all up on 2009 and even Vauxhall produced a 3.96% rise in registrations.
Ford and Fiat had bad years, being 11.38% and 12.01% down respectively, in spite of Fiesta being the most popular model in the UK.

Big winners though were Renault, Land Rover and Nissan - sales up by 51.34%, 27.71% and 15.09%.

Full detail can be downloaded at SMMT UK: Motor Industry Sustainability, Competitiveness, Legislation, Technology, Globalisation, Retail Distribution, Education

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Interesting to see that Fiat as a whole saw a 12% fall in sales, no doubt due to the scrappage scheme ending.
Will be nice to see something around 6% for Alfa in January and moving forward into the new year, highly possible as orders for the Guilietta get delivered.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
When passing my local AR dealer a while ago you couldnt see an Alfa for all the 500's (white and PINK!) littered around the perimeter.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Interesting to see that Fiat as a whole saw a 12% fall in sales, no doubt due to the scrappage scheme ending.
Will be nice to see something around 6% for Alfa in January and moving forward into the new year, highly possible as orders for the Guilietta get delivered.
I hope you're right and that mine is one of them getting delivered:thumbs:

been waiting for aaaages, although truth be told, I haven't been around (in the UK) that much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts