Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just treated myself to a fiat coupe 20v turbo in sprint blue totally standard its going to be a third/summer car it will be a project car something to spend a bit of time on:inlove:

·
Registered
38,667 Posts
I have had both a 20V Turbo and a 16V turbo.

Both are great cars. I would certainly have another one.

The only thing I didn't really like is that the handling isn't all that great by modern standards, but a set of Bilstein B6 dampers and Eibach springs will improve matters a lot.

The 20V turbo is easy to tune though and suprisingly economical considering its performance.

·
Registered
38,667 Posts
Lol,

One thing to watch on Coupes or other cars fitted with the 20V engine is the Auxillary belts.

There are two, one small one and one large one. The small one has a habit of snapping or shredding and becoming tangled in the cambelt, and then you can guess what happens.

Some people recommend changing it every 2 years to be on the safe side.

The cambelt itself is good for 5 years or 48k IIRC.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Shame about the Pininfarina error in the advert, but a common enough mistake to make.

That American bloke called Chris Bangle designed it. Pininfarina did the interior. Did they build it too?

Looks like a nice car, ticked many of my personal boxes with the exception of the sunroof, my Uno Turbo had one like that and rust was festering around the opening.

Please keep us updated. I'd really like one, but it's an irrational want rather than a need. I don't do any miles and as much as the Busso sounds good, the 5 pot Fiat Coupes sound good to me too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi must admit i was not sure about sunroof myself but it doesnt leak and it is totally rust free at sunroof area i have sourced a black leather interior for it next things i am doing is taken bumpers of to rub down some surface rust and making sure it is well protected against all the elements i want to make this one of the better ones one to keep

·
Registered
38,667 Posts
Check the floor below the rear footwells and inside the sills, the inner front wings and inside the panel in front of the rear wheels where the Pininfarina badge is stuck on.

The Fiat Coupe is remarkably rust resistant but they are the areas where the older ones can have issues.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I've liked them since they came out. I still have a the marketing VHS video in the yellow film reel tin somewhere. It's so difficult finding a decent one that's not been altered with dubious mods that I'd have to overlook stuff like colours and sunroofs as I don't think there's that much choice out there, a case of going for the best one available and compromise on spec.

In another thread Symon and I have listed things that are better or different between the Coupe and GTV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts