Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Awww I would have loved a Ti......very enveous I can tell you! What colour and engine did you get?:)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Glad you finally found something that fitted the bill.

I hope you didn't pay too much.

My advice is to get the metal leading edge of the front wheel arch just above the side skirt checked for paint and rust (and keep on top of it, the wheels sandblast all the paint off it continually and even wrecked the film I had made up for mine) get some G1R in the PAS system it isn't green already and fit a stainless steel bolt in the water manifold.

Other than that, happy motoring.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Congrats Alfred :thumbs:

Be great to see some pic's of your new Bella... Red Alfa's... It has to be done! :cool:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. Glad I finally got one. Got a few things I need to sort out so will be pouring over this forum all over again to solve the issues. So no doubt there'll be a few threads created for those!

Pic to come when I get it uploaded.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
So thats 2 of us that have moved from the GT to a 159 last week. :thumbs:

I loved the GT in many, many ways. But as an everyday car it was lacking in a few areas, comfort being one of them.
Were as the 159 seems to manage the balance well. Obviously a bigger, heavier car, but it just feels so much more solid and up for the job.
Once the thermostat is replaced on Wednesday I will be able to compare the two cars in the economy stakes......

Enjoy the Ti. Looking forward to photos.

A

·
0 Posts
Lovely:thumbs: I do like Ti's - the wheels side skirts and lowering makes all the difference visually. Mind you so does the bank balance when you come to replacing those boots!!

Well done though - I hope you enjoy her:thumbs:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Its funny isn't it, I always used to think it a bit odd when people post pictures of their cars, given that you know what they are going to look like, but since I've moved to 159 ownership, I NEVER get bored of looking at them. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. I know what you mean, never tire of looking at 159 Ti's.

Yep, they're 19's. I know what you mean. Some times I look at them and think they look smaller than the day before. (Still talking about the wheels..)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Alfa Red :inlove: Stunning fella! :thumbs:

My last ti was red, and I missed it so much that i've had to buy another! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats lovely!

It was a red SW with those wheels that turned me on to the idea of buying a 159.
I nearly broke my neck looking back after it passed by:lol:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Here's a pic of mine, but there are a few other points that might help. Front mud guards to help reduce the stone damage, Front wheels set to zero incidence to reduce tyre wear and it runs OK on Accellera PH1 tyres no need to spend a fortune on the other tyres if you don't want to.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts