Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s only a few months since my last “new car” thread :cry::mad::lol:
But since the spider was totalled, its time for another :p

I’ve just bought a 05 1.9JTD Alfa GT Coupe, silver with red leather, Sportivo spec, its doing its NCT tomorrow morning and has a few small issues to sort out before I pick it up :p

E

·
0 Posts
Best of luck with the new car.Im sure you'll love it.Good choice too, I know a guy who drives a brera but says my GT is much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
763 Posts
nice one :thumbs:
Am sure you'll enjoy it - and don't forget to say yes to the meet in Kilkenny this weekend so we can all take a gander ;)

·
Administrator
86,621 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Nice one. I'll keep an eye out for you on the M/N4.

I see on Boards you say that it is mapped to 195bhp-that's interesting-where was it mapped and what is the torque?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice one. I'll keep an eye out for you on the M/N4.

I see on Boards you say that it is mapped to 195bhp-that's interesting-where was it mapped and what is the torque?
Westward engineering, no Idea what the torque is, I must check that out...................
its every bit as quick as my old 2.4jtd

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hmm-must get mine on a rolling road and see what it's running-I got it done at autoremap.com around a month ago-his database suggests 180bhp and 360nm.

I'd be really interested in comparing the 'drive' of both cars-drop me a PM if you're interested.

E

·
0 Posts
Hmm-must get mine on a rolling road and see what it's running-I got it done at autoremap.com around a month ago-his database suggests 180bhp and 360nm.

I'd be really interested in comparing the 'drive' of both cars-drop me a PM if you're interested.

How much did that set u back?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Can't remember exactly-somewhere north of €300 I think-there was a discount as it was a group buy.

If it's a JTS you have, I'm not sure you will gain much from a remap or if it can be done at all.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
The JTS can be remapped but more involved in it than most, some soldering involved and the gains arent ment to be too great, as usual throttle response is ment to improve greatly. Many places still wont chip the JTS, there is one place in Dublin but the name escapes me.

E

·
0 Posts
Sounds like it aint worth it so.Im happy with what I have anyway.Gets me from a to b..............FAST!(and in style)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts