Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much a new bumper is going to cost??

Had one of those 5 mph slow motion crashes that took 30 seconds from start to finish, as I slid down a hill into the back of a stationary van.

Hit the rear corner of his bumper - no damage to him, but a big hole in the corner of my bumper.

Don't really want to involve insurance co if I can help it, so just interested to see how much bumper are roughly?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been doing a bit of searching on line and there seems to be a few "body kit" bumpers around for about £140. Anyone know if they are any good or is it best to stick with OEM? I'll call dealer later to get cost of OEM or is there somewhere that does them cheaper. Also in a bit of a rush, so can't wait for weeks to get one from Italy....

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shall have a look! Glasgow is a bit of a hassle though......!

My neighbour reckons he can repair mine (he restores VW's so is pretty handy with his hands...), but I remain to be convinced! My local indie reckons it will cost about £1k to replace with original, incl other bits and pieces (grill etc), so I may well give a repair a go, at least as a temporary measure.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
I think that may be right. When I pranged my old (RIP) GTA on the list of parts the bumper was around the £400 mark.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Give ned at Auto Lusso a call ............. I had a 156 bumper off him a little while back.......... Was £40 plus delivery............ He breaks loads of Alfa's

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
just got a knock on the door ,someones just slid into the back of my gta :cry:
Nightmare fimbles, sorry to hear that mate, been there 2 months ago.

I shall have a look! Glasgow is a bit of a hassle though......!

My neighbour reckons he can repair mine (he restores VW's so is pretty handy with his hands...), but I remain to be convinced! My local indie reckons it will cost about £1k to replace with original, incl other bits and pieces (grill etc), so I may well give a repair a go, at least as a temporary measure.
Another nightmare. I've still got it at the bodyshop, I need to collect it, don't know whether to sell it or hold on to it just in case. Anyway, the OEM price is £620 + VAT, at least that's what was on the estimate I had. And that was just in primer. Good luck to both of you.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I got a new front 147 GTA bumper from E Bspares for 189GBP + VAT about a year ago. I am not sure how big difference 156GTA bumper is but try to give them a call as well.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
You'd be amazed what can be repaired, I had a bad split in my bumper, got the local chip guy to plastic weld and repaint. You couldn't see it after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts