Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was recommended to register on here after posting on PistonHeads!
I collected my Brera JTD last month having previously run a GT JTD for 2 years, so I guess I'm under the Alfa spell!

I've had a quick nose round the site before registering and you seem like a friendly and knowledgeable bunch, so I'm sure i'll enjoy it on here!:)

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
104 Posts
I saw the new Brera for the first time yesterday. The car looks very desirable and the quality of the interior seems very high.

But once again that tiny little ashtray for those of us that smoke.

Welcome to the board. I would be interested to hear you thoughts on the new Brera

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi Nick & welcome to the AO forum :)

We're all under the Alfa spell here, and would appreciate your comments on Brera JTD ownership.

AM

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hi,

Welcome,

Nice to see another Brera owner here there appear to be more of us all the time ;-)

One thing given the running argument about which is better GT or Brera why you changed?

Enjoy...

Simes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to AO.

A Brera....i'm more than a little jealous!!:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

To answer a couple of questions:

As a non-smoker I find the ashtray the perfect size to hold my phone! :)

I changed from the GT to the Brera basically because I fell in love with it the first time I saw one at Goodwood 2005! It's such a gorgeous and distinctive shape, the front is mean as hell, and I love the rounded back and quad pipes.

I loved my GT, and in 2yrs/30k it never let me down & my dealer was great so I had no qualms having another Alfa. I prefer the Brera as it just feels better made. The interior is a massive step forward over the GT both in quality and style and I love the 'Sky view'!
To drive it is also vastly improved, the suspension is better dampened, there is less torque steer, the brakes are in a different league and the 2.4JTD is so much smoother and sweeter sounding than the 1.9 in the GT. not to mention the extra 50bhp! :)

People have been quick to criticise the Brera as being too slow and too heavy, and that may be true of the 3.2, and to a degree the JTS, but I can't think of another diesel coupe for similar money that is faster, better equipped or as stylish.

For me there was only one choice! :)

H

·
0 Posts
I'll have to keep an eye out for you Can't have a Brera upstage my Cup :)
What colour and where are you quite a few Scousers in here.
apoplogies if your not a scouser :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
happy man said:
I'll have to keep an eye out for you Can't have a Brera upstage my Cup :)
What colour and where are you quite a few Scousers in here.
apoplogies if your not a scouser :lol:
I am a Scouser and proud of it too! :D

It's Black with the 18" 7 holes, rather not say exactly where, (you never know who reads these forums), but I'm down Crosby/Thornton way!;)

I saw a Red GTV Cup down Allerton/Woolton way last week I think, was it you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts