Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm new to the site. been and said hello in the introduction pages so thought I'd test the font of knowledge in here with a few questions. I've just traded in my 225 Audi TT Roadster for a 2.2 Brera S and have a few questions
1) have I bought the right car ? looking at some of the posts it appears that not everyone is a fan of the Brera and it looks as if it has issues with fueling and tyre wear. I am aware of the Italian way when it come to motor vehicles as I own a Ducati and work part time at a ducati dealers so know full well they are not exactley perfect but accept it as the price for owning the best designed vehicle on the road
2) how accurate is the in car computer (does it really only do 20mpg :confused: )
3) is the constant drone at 70mph down to tyre noise
4) and what dash display will I lose if I change the head unit for Pioneer F700

PS
I cant stop looking at my car. Is that normal ?

many thanks in advance
Dean

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Welcome :)

Great car, enjoy.
1. Yes, Yes, Yes - See how you get on with the car. My tyre wear is Ok. The forum can seem doom & gloom at times - My Brera is great.
2. My computer seems very accurate. Try a fill up check yourself. Your car is new out of the box so maybe needs a bit of a run in.
3. Tyre noise is very obvious on certain makes.
4. Not sure.

Dougie

·
Registered
140 Posts
i find the computer very accurate.

i too suffer from the same mental problem of constantly looking at the car.

dont find the tyre noise that bad, mines the derv has done 8k miles with still plenty tread on the orginals.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have just got over 1200 ls in my S and the mpg is going up. I have a Pioneer avic d3 fitted and lost nothing + wheel ctrls all work. Even the standard speakers are sounding better by the day. Cant here the tyres now unless I turn the pioneer off:lol: I was also a little disturbed by the things on here but at the moment I'm loving it. Oh yes I keep looking at it but find myself just sitting in it, sad I know but its having some sort of affect on me:rolleyes: :cool:
Just spent 4 hrs detailing the front end, now looking as it should, rest off the car tommorow if the weather holds

·
Registered
578 Posts
Fo sure your mpg wil go up as you run the engine in, ive heard nothing but good reviews about pro drives changes to the brera, everyone moans about all the current alfa's being under powered, linear power, missing a bit on soul in the engine department etc....

N

·
0 Posts
1) have I bought the right car ? looking at some of the posts it appears that not everyone is a fan of the Brera
Don't worry. It's been like that since day one.

The MiTo will be out soon, so some people will have
a new model they don't drive to have a pop at. ;)

Just enjoy. :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Don't worry. It's been like that since day one.

The MiTo will be out soon, so some people will have
a new model they don't drive to have a pop at. ;)

Just enjoy. :D
Well it has been downhill ever since they stopped making the 156 ;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hi AlfaStealth, What do you mean by detailing?

Claying,polish,seal & wax for those of use with clean cars:lol:

I bet if you go out and put a strong light against the paintwork you will find scratches and marks new car paintwork is never prepaired corectly ie quick wash and dry with a dirty sponge. I know because of all the people that come to me for paint correction. But if your car is just an A TO B runner then fine, I just like things right. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you got a photo of your new head unit? I'd be really interested to see what it looks like fitted!
only considering it at the minute as i wanted bluetooth and sat nav so its a good option from looking at the specs of the pioneer system

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi there. I'm new to the site. been and said hello in the introduction pages so thought I'd test the font of knowledge in here with a few questions. I've just traded in my 225 Audi TT Roadster for a 2.2 Brera S and have a few questions
1) have I bought the right car ? looking at some of the posts it appears that not everyone is a fan of the Brera and it looks as if it has issues with fueling and tyre wear. I am aware of the Italian way when it come to motor vehicles as I own a Ducati and work part time at a ducati dealers so know full well they are not exactley perfect but accept it as the price for owning the best designed vehicle on the road
2) how accurate is the in car computer (does it really only do 20mpg :confused: )
3) is the constant drone at 70mph down to tyre noise
4) and what dash display will I lose if I change the head unit for Pioneer F700

PS
I cant stop looking at my car. Is that normal ?

many thanks in advance
Dean
I changed my TTR for a Brera. It makes the TT feel very old.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Dean

It does seem that this forum has a downer on the cars we love...but dont be put off...we LUV em !

The pzero's are abit noisy ...but soon enough you will get the chance to change em!:rolleyes:

Apparently the 2.2 gets better and better so be patient....

Oh and the staring at it for hours...is perfectly normal...:p smiling sweetly, saying goodnight etc is all ok....moving your bed to the garage ...is slightly extreme and not recommended...it does get ya neighbours talking!!!!:D

Also you can expect to be stopped by complete strangers who will want to have a deep and meaningfull conversation about ...well everything to do with the Brera and Alfa's generally...you will get used to it...:thumbs::D......Enjoy....:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts