Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, being brand new to the forum, i thought id run a few things past you learned ones.
i bought my girlfriend a 2007 brera sv diesel in red from an indipendant "alfa" garage in the midlands, from 2 lovly guys...but (only had the car 3 days) first day the engine management light was on and they said it was a fault with the fan wiring and a new ECU was fitted by WAD of wolverhampton, then second day of ownership, the EGR valve packed in and there was a crack through the front near side alloy, which they changed and fixed, (so all good and very helpfull guys)

now thrid day of ownership, we thought we would pair our phones with the "blue + me" etc...but it turns out that the car does not have this fitted?
the advert does clearly state that the car had blue + me and voice activation, and when we viewed the car buttons were there on the steering wheel (all have these apparently)
where do we stand? very happy with the car, and they did fix the faults so far, but we bought this car partly because of the blue + me option.
now we have had the car for 4 days, registered in our name, fitted smart nav system,tinted windows, bought ipod lead and new mats etc, also its now on our private registration plate,
so it would be hard to "give back" the car.
we are very dissapointed that it does not have blue + me as advertised, do we have any course of action? i have not contacted the garage jet (being sunday) how should i go about it , they seem very nice people and i dont want to seem a picky buyer etc.i feel bad that its been back twice in 3 days
there in edgebaston, and im in london., they collected it and fixed/delivered it back in 2 days, we got it back yesterday.
any help would be appreceated.

N

·
0 Posts
Easy to verify:

Pull the stereo headunit.

If Bluetooth or [email protected] is installed (but not working)
you will see it behind the lower part if the
fascia.

If it's not there then suggest to your guys
they install the Blupunkt Bluetooth/MP3 kit
that should give you similar functionality.

You've got all the real problems ironed out
and you should now have a good few years of
fun Brera ownership ahead.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for your reply, that would not suit me, because i dont want any aftermarket radio/system, i only wanted the alfa set up (as discribed)
i have a spare "parrot" system i could install, but i bought the car (for a not too small a sum) thinking it had blue + me (a selling point eventually)
should the car have the USB connecter in the glove box? is there a easier way to tell without taking the radio out, as i dont want to "fiddle" with the car, because of potental return issue.
there was a part exchange involved in the deal (a 2005 nissan 350 Z GT) and that might be sold already?
i dont want to return the car, but i feel "cheated" somewhat,
what is the price difference with a car minus the blue + me ?
can it be retro fitted ?
what i will do on monday is contact my alfa main dealer with the chassis number and see what is has or not.

N

·
0 Posts
The Blaupunkt kit plugs into the back of the factory fitted system.
It is not a replacement headunit.

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/bluetooth.asp

Sliding out the stereo is not fiddly. It just slides out after
you've inserted the extraction tool (or two pieces of
bent wire coat-hanger) into the four small holes on the front.

Check out the ICE/Blue&Me lounge for many old threads describing all of this.

;)

(I recently traded a Brera in and the factory fitted Bluetooth option on mine added
approximately €0 to the trade-in price I got for the car.)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you Nev, thats a great help.
i appreceate your time and help.

the only problem with this system is we would loose the ipod facility, because it would use the same connecter on the back of the rado (blue coloured one)

regards
charlie.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update..............

on the advise of Nev, i removed the radio and behind that at the bottom was a small black box with a USB port?? so i played about with the car and now i have blue + me......
it pared with my blackberry, and the ipod works, and it has a 6 disc multi changer....
now bishops alfa (main dealer) in guildford surrey told my girlfriend that it did not have blue + me...
they also told her that all breras have the buttons on the steering wheel? and that the dash display shows all the bluetooth info, but just does not allow a connection (she thought this a bit strange)..
2 salesmen there both said it did not have this option....you would think they knew there products and how to find/use them.
im glad i did not embarres myself by contacting the garage, and "complaining".:eek:
but thanks for the help/advise.

N

·
0 Posts
You have the bluetooth kit not Blue & Me. (If there is no additional USB port in the glovebox.)

This may be the cause of the confusion.

Full Blue & Me was not available at launch for the Brera but the bluetooth kit was
so you'll find it in 06/07 Breras

Anyway you have handsfree which is extremely useful. :thumbs:

Enjoy.
;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i see thanks nev.
what can i not do that "me" gives the car?
i do have ipod etc, and voice etc, why would you use the USB port? and why has the car got a USB port behind the radio (almost hidden)
im very much a tech moron, and type with 1 finger :)o)

charlie.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I take it you bought this car from Second City Motors in Brum? I have seen your ex-350 on their web site!
I had my 159 from these fellas and I think they would do what they could to sort you out with the car. They are both decent blokes that I would trust.
They do know their Alfas, but I can imagine a mistake could be made in advertising the car.
Blue and Me is the option that not only works as a bluetooth hands free kit, but also acts as an mp3/ipod connection. I've got it in my April 07 159 and am well happy with it.
There is a lead you can get that will connect an ipod to the standard stereo, have a search on the ICE section of the forum, loads of people really know their stuff here.

Give the blokes at Second City a ring, always worth a go.

Oh, and they still have your 350 up for sale!!

Hope you get it sorted because you have a great looking car.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
As a second thought, mine has the usb behind the main unit as well, I've read that this can be used for software updates etc...
I think the Blue and Me unit is an all in one system rather than a selection of units. Same outcome, different approach.
I have used a usb stick to play music on the connection, before I got my ipod.

N

·
0 Posts
i see thanks nev.
what can i not do that "me" gives the car?
i do have ipod etc, and voice etc, why would you use the USB port? and why has the car got a USB port behind the radio (almost hidden)
im very much a tech moron, and type with 1 finger :)o)

charlie.
No chance with adding "Me".

I used a Kenwood KOS A200 in mine.
Not the best solution but it worked quite well.

There are threads on it.

;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I take it you bought this car from Second City Motors in Brum? I have seen your ex-350 on their web site!
I had my 159 from these fellas and I think they would do what they could to sort you out with the car. They are both decent blokes that I would trust.
They do know their Alfas, but I can imagine a mistake could be made in advertising the car.
Blue and Me is the option that not only works as a bluetooth hands free kit, but also acts as an mp3/ipod connection. I've got it in my April 07 159 and am well happy with it.
There is a lead you can get that will connect an ipod to the standard stereo, have a search on the ICE section of the forum, loads of people really know their stuff here.

Give the blokes at Second City a ring, always worth a go.

Oh, and they still have your 350 up for sale!!

Hope you get it sorted because you have a great looking car.
hey Wynne.
your right i did get it from second city, and tobin and andrew are a couple of genuine nice guys.
i honistly think it was an innocent mistake on there part, but it does affect me not having the "me" bit.
i have bought and installed the ipod lead into the blue plug on the back of the radio. (£90)
i dont want to bother them again as they kindly sorted 2 problems already.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
How are you finding the Brera compared to the 350z? I imagine that they are very different beasts in everyway!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
alfa - the blue and me kit has a usb port in the glovebox ... I use a usb stick for my music then I can just leave it plugged in all the time

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How are you finding the Brera compared to the 350z? I imagine that they are very different beasts in everyway!

i needed to change my girlfriends car because she now has a 50 mile commute every day and the 350Z was very poor on fuel, also im a weekend dad, and needed rear seats occasionaly.
my car is a 2007 porsche cayenne turbo, and is too big for the GF
nissan was a great car, but inpractical, she loves the brera though and its not that slow....
im a big fan of diesels, having just sold a BMW E60 535 twin turbo (superb car)
i think diesels will dominate in a few years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts