Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I acquired my second Alfa this week when I flew to Glasgow from Manchester to do the deal on a 56 plate Brera in Misano Blue.

It was quite surreal sorting the money transfer and insurance in an intu centre before driving it 230 miles home.

It's not perfect.....yet..... But it's pretty close.

Driving it back to back with the GQV the power delivery feels so different.

A couple of questions....

1. How much are new genuine keys from a dealer? Is it possible to get genuine ones anywhere else?

2. Has anyone had their drivers side bolster repaired?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Someone had a set of unprogrammed keys for sale on here a short while ago. My guess is you can only get them from a dealer why didn't it come with a set of 2 keys ?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone had a set of unprogrammed keys for sale on here a short while ago. My guess is you can only get them from a dealer why didn't it come with a set of 2 keys ?
It did. But they are both worn to a degree and being a bit OCD I would ideally like a new set!

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
You can get key fob covers off ebay if it's just the black part that is worn? How must did you pay? What's the milage too? Ì'm in Manchester & would be happy to meet up & have a look at yours , if you need any knowledge on these cars i'd be happy to give adivice on running them

·
Registered
16 Posts
I acquired my second Alfa this week when I flew to Glasgow from Manchester to do the deal on a 56 plate Brera in Misano Blue.

It was quite surreal sorting the money transfer and insurance in an intu centre before driving it 230 miles home.

1. How much are new genuine keys from a dealer? Is it possible to get genuine ones anywhere else?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi,

For the replacement key, I was quoted £396 from the main dealer, £270 from Keyfax in Manchester and £180 (approx) from EAC in Telford.

I also had my drivers side bolster repaired by a local chap who had recently retired (he was a professional auto leather trimmer). As well as the bolster, I had a scratch on the rear seat repaired and a small scuff on the leather centre console. The bill was about £100 all in, but I imagine it would have been far more expensive had he not retired!

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
Wasn't you by any chance before about half-six turning off Oldham Rd on to Broadway? 17" Alloys on a Misano Blue Brera? Don't ever see any in Manchester in Misano Blue, that's the 2nd or 3rd one i've ever seen ever on the road they're usually red ones if i see any others

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasn't you by any chance before about half-six turning off Oldham Rd on to Broadway? 17" Alloys on a Misano Blue Brera? Don't ever see any in Manchester in Misano Blue, that's the 2nd or 3rd one i've ever seen ever on the road they're usually red ones if i see any others
I hope it wasn't, as I am at centre parcs in Woburn! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts

Many thanks in advance.
Best engine, best colour ;-) Enjoy! Sorry, no useful advice on keys, I look regularly on Ebay but so far no luck! One day we may be counter bidders!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts