Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I've just got some Tarox G88 from larkspeed. Not much more in price.

If you get there pads aswell they will stop well :)

superb discs, the sport japans are recomended as well

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi tomfromtelford,

I had a look but they work out a bit too much for me at the moment although they do look good, unless my maths is wrong (probably!)

Cheers

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Seriously I got mine for £183 that's cheap for tarox, you know what your getting quality wise

what ever you go for I'd get DS2500 or DS performance

I only went for the tarox pads, to match and save a bit if cash.

Haven't regreted it though :)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Got mine for £250 all in with performance pads.

Looks like yours would be £172 for discs and £68 for pads. £250 delivered.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair play that sounds like a deal! Will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

John

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
No problem, I'm sure when people wake up thay can give any further advise ;)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I would advise to buy the best front pads you can afford, IMO they make by far the biggest difference - the discs just look nice :p

I would avoid cheap drilled discs since this can weaken the discs and cause cracking around the holes.

Something to be aware of is that drilled and / or grooved discs produce more noise while braking than plain faced discs

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got them

Hi,

I bought exactly these discs and pads (pads are Mintex yes?)
I was interested to see the quality and was pleasantly surprised.
I ran a couple of standard measurement test on them down in the brother's uni and they are well manufactured surface-wise anyway. I got them with the anti-rust coating as I wasn't sure how soon I'd be fitting them.
All four are on now and they perform admirably. I think they look well too. Below are the rear before and after :)
I bunged them off an email asking for a deal and they cut me a nice reduction too. Worth a try.

HTH,

Ed
http://www.AlfaSmiths.com

Attachments

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I would advise to buy the best front pads you can afford, IMO they make by far the biggest difference - the discs just look nice :p

I would avoid cheap drilled discs since this can weaken the discs and cause cracking around the holes.

Something to be aware of is that drilled and / or grooved discs produce more noise while braking than plain faced discs
Exactly why I went for tarox ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought new Mintex Discs and Pads on all 4x corners (roughly £300 fitted) about a year or so ago. My advice, DON'T!!!

They are rubbish. They perform no better than the worn ones removed and have never stopped squealing despite 3x sets of replacement in Warrenty Pads.

Steer Clear of Mintex I say.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah,

It's funny. Horses for courses and all that. I've found these discs and pads fine on the spider. I like them.
On my 75 the Tarox discs are ****e. I now use OMP which, with PAGID red pads, are fabulous.
So different people find different things.
I have fitted and used these particular discs and found them, at the price, to be a good thing.
As I say, my two cent.

Ed.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I use Ferodo DS2500 pads and cant recommend them enough, very strong and consistent and a big improvement over standard :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts