Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've had to prop my bonnet up with a stick to stop it landing on my head, so I bought these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221639850619
£50 delivered for a pair of still in the bag new oe 916 bonnet lifters seemed good to me. Fitted them today - super easy, and the bonnet now works properly, lifting itself the rest of the way when it's half way up.
They have a pair left, according to the ebay posting.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
I had to do the same but managed to get them for £25 a pair. Original equipment but in MM box.

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
I thought the OEM bonnet struts were made by Lift-O-Mat? Pretty sure OEM is not Magneti Marelli in this case although they are probably just as good quality. They do make a lot of other OEM stuff on Alfa & Fiat vehicles.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
£50 for a pair!!!!!!!#!#! Can't remember what I paid a few years ago but I know it was in the ball park armoore paid.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
I thought the OEM bonnet struts were made by Lift-O-Mat? Pretty sure OEM is not Magneti Marelli in this case although they are probably just as good quality. They do make a lot of other OEM stuff on Alfa & Fiat vehicles.
As you say, in Magneti Marelli box but actually Lift-O-Mat. I have had MM stuff before but the contents of the box were from another supplier, example: brake pads in MM box but Pagid printed on the pads.

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Goes on a lot in the automotive sector. Valeo clutches in LUK boxes springs to mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts