Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the EU is to introduce new legislation yo introduce HGVs that are both much safer for cyclists as well as more fuel efficient.
This will radically change the way the roads look, as well as reducing truckers fuel bills.

I actually find it a bit interesting, and shocking seeing so many slab fronted trucks about. I Assume this is so they can get as much load in the minimum length.
A new design would save millions and cut the EU CO2 budget significantly

Even the tiny 'turning vanes' on the front of the truck ( the little aerodynamic devices on the corner above the indicators) can save a truck around £150/year. A roof spoiler £600/year, imagine a really aerodynamic design like the Man concept s.

http://www.trucklocator.co.uk/truck-sales/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/P1110595small.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Cool concept, but how does it articulate?

Looks like the container sits inside the side fairing. That alone must be a huge saving(the drag from the corrugations must be enormous), but it could make unloading difficult if the container has to be lifted over it.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point, I assume they could be flexible or perhaps like the Audi TT etc, they could move into position over a certain speed?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts