Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads-up for fellow 8C owners. If you haven't got it yet, you will very soon get an updated battery maintainer in the mail, as the original one (CTEK XS800) was prone to failure. Guess how I know :D

The new maintainer is a CTEK XS3600, albeit permanently set to charge at 0.8A (like the old charger). Being a beefier unit, it hopefully won't fail.

Also, it's now possible to extend your warranty up to 5 years from the date of first registration. Cost should be around € 3000.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
You could always try driving the car to keep the battery in good condition :p

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wouldn't believe how sensitive this car is to voltage drops. Don't drive it even for just a week or so, and for the first few gearchanges the clutch will be all wonky, or you'll have all kinds of errors pop up on the dash. It's best to always have it hooked up.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
my JTD is like that if you leave it for a week :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I use the non Alfa branded 3600 on my S4 Spider. It's great! Any idea how to get hold of a cool branded one:wow:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the non Alfa branded 3600 on my S4 Spider. It's great! Any idea how to get hold of a cool branded one:wow:
The branded one has a custom D-shaped 4-pin connector, so it wouldn't work :p

Also, you'll notice that the branded XS3600 has no mode button, and that it's stuck in 0.8A mode (what's called the motorcycle mode on the standard one).

I think you're better off with your current one :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts