Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at top gears facebook page where a number of commentators are likening the new astra to the brera, can't really see it myself, what do you think?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hope my 159 doesn't look like a Cavalier saloon then and nobody has the heart to tell me.

Mind you, did like the Cavalier GSI 16v, back in the day.

·
Registered
38,430 Posts
It does look ok for a Vauxhall, but I can't see myself buying one.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Is there another astra on the way ? Or is this the one that has been out for a couple of years?

·
Registered
35,995 Posts
Renault must have had a Brera around when they did the Megane Coupe.Shame they did not have any wheels big enough once they'd finished.

·
Registered
38,430 Posts
I think the Megane coupe looks better than the Brera. I bet it drives better as well. :p

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Eh, took a look at the Astra. From the back it may look a little like the Giulietta but the front looks like... an Astra.

·
Registered
35,995 Posts
Eh, took a look at the Astra. From the back it may look a little like the Giulietta but the front looks like... an Astra.
yes the cabin on the Astra is way further forward where the A pillars land ,making it more of a monovolume.Look at the way this area is done on the Giulietta .I think it flows beautifully.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I think the rear of the new Astra is definitely reminiscent of the Brera. It particularly looks like a Brera with the rare Zender body kit (which I was thinking about getting at one stage, threads on here somewhere). And yes, Renault got to copying the Brera's arse first with the Megane.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts