Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Testing the water methinks

I went to a Aston Martin event a week back which was pretty good, to be honest the existing cars are still pretty special, had a sit in a V12 Vantage S for a while, it's a serious step up from the Maserati's in the showroom next door, lovely switchgear, fit me perfectly, great driving position.

Lottery car definitely (maybe not the S it's got a bit of a weird looking rear wing which is actually an extension of the existing body profile, I think it would have looked better with something less integrated)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I'll never be in the league of gentlemen who own an Aston, but I have driven and road tested some of the earlier models after servicing in the past.

Somehow the whole scene has changed compared to those days when Astons V Shelby Cobras were flexing their muscles on the then new, no speed limit M1. :):

Guess I really am a dated Dino now? :D :lol: :cheese:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'll never be in the league of gentlemen who own an Aston, but I have driven and road tested some of the earlier models after servicing in the past.

Somehow the whole scene has changed compared to those days when Astons V Shelby Cobras were flexing their muscles on the then new, no speed limit M1. :):

Guess I really am a dated Dino now? :D :lol: :cheese:
The game has changed, in those days it wasn't difficult to make a car that left a driver feeling invigorated, I've had a fast passenger ride in a Cobra Rep and even that was a huge adrenaline rush.

I've never driven a modern car that made me feel like that, have we lost the way?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I rather fancy one of those Cygnets!
Sat in one of those as well a few years back, funky little thing. Overpriced, but still funky.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Boring on as ever I do, I know what you mean GD.:):

The later Astons are obviously wonderful machines to own and drive, but in days past,to say "Aston" as one roared by, always brought on a broad smile. :)

Now they are more plentiful, well it's just not quite the same somehow.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
FD That's because that DB6 has character, and is cosseted and cherished as all can see, whenever it appears in public.:thumbs:

Hope it was a DB6, or was it an even earlier series?? :confused:

·
Administrator
46,339 Posts
People still wave at me as I go by in mine :thumbs:
When I had an 80's Vantage for a weekend, the response was incredible - people waving, coming over for a chat, all sorts.

Had a 2007 N400 Vantage Roadster more recently, and while it got nice comments, it was nowhere near the same.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Just checking my old memory bank FD.
Silver with the straight six, dohc, triple SU's and at least double the thirteen pints of oil in the sump that the old E required iirc? :):

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,172 Posts
I wonder if they will smash up as many as they did in Quantum?

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Always draws a small crowd when I park. Always get let out at junctions.

Yes Zed, a DB6
you have a DB6 :eek:

nope, not jealous, not at all :cry:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts