Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Any particular one and does it get rid of the god-awful in thread posts?
This is the one I’ve installed....I get no adverts that look like posts within a thread. However, I am getting a lot of email notifications of responses from members who have posted within a thread I have posted in, not specifically a reply to my comment. What I have noticed is that if I hit the link supplied it asks me to open the forum through a google app and having done this once I got one of those adverts that look like a post between legit posts. I never get them when I go into the forum via the front door, so to speak. I’m going to have to kill the email notification, if I can find it. It’s driving me nuts. I don’t get those notifications on 4C Forums.

On another point, the first time I got an ‘alert’ I thought I was in trouble for something someone took offence to.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
I have spent too long reading stuff I have already read and missing stuff I haven't :D
I use a few forums and they have the same version. This is different to all of them and bloody awful.
Hopefully I'll eventually get the hang of it, but so far it is pretty **** :D(y)
Same Canadian(?) company has been taking over several car forums and standardising on the look&feel. Which would be fine if it wasn't so "busy" ... mobile users will find it harder as there is too much text on view .. ads are just f'ing annoying, but running a website ain't cheap, as is that large photo section ... it all needs slimming back down to topics only .... I'll just not visit so often ...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Same Canadian(?) company has been taking over several car forums and standardising on the look&feel. Which would be fine if it wasn't so "busy" ... mobile users will find it harder as there is too much text on view .. ads are just f'ing annoying, but running a website ain't cheap, as is that large photo section ... it all needs slimming back down to topics only .... I'll just not visit so often ...
It’s very much like 4C Forums and the Giulia Forums

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Lots of complaints about ads. I see no ads. Anyone who doesn't want them should try Firefox as a browser. If that doesn't sort the problem, try an adblocker, as several others have suggested. Both solutions are free, and easy to install and use.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
just noticed you cannot change character size in postings ? There is no longer an advanced editor ....

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts
Click on your avatar, then click on the number of Replies for your posts.

Click on the number of Discussions for threads you started.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
What's wrong with the editing pane? Everytime I select some area of text and press the Delete or Back-space to wipe it out, nothing happens (on my PC).

It's a bit ... a lot .. .shi-ite.

Ralf S.

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
That's weird. Just tried and doing that works fine for me.

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
LOST. Gets lost. Let me guess, there's no edit function for the posts.
Tor, that must be the first time I have ever seen you make a typo on AO!

It’s time to ditch this new format; it’s doing bad things to good people :)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I shall be disqualified from the Rant Room for saying this, but most of what I do on the forum is the same, some has changed but is no better or worse, and some of it (speed and navigation) is better. Now I've got used to the changed bits I find nothing that is worse than the old version.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts