Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I recently got my new 2011 Alfa Romeo 159, 2.2 JTS. Enjoying it. Yet few issues:
1- the driver-side mirror keeps reverting to its default position every time I unlock the car. Every time I have to re-adjust it. I thought its positioning is synced with the seat's position, but I did try to save one seat mode with my preferred mirror angle, and when I activated that mode (seat memory), the mirror wasn't adjusted accordingly. What could it be?

2- I just don't seem to understand how to open the trunk! I know I can use the button on the key immobilizer, but do I really have to take out the immobilizer every time I need to open the trunk?
I once tried to push down the Alfa logo on the trunk's door and that opened it (still with the immobilizer out), but that didn't' work again. Why isn't there a handle under the driver's seat to open the trunk, just like with all other cars? :S

3- I just love those TI rims . Can I have them replace my 18' rims? Would they fit without needing extra work?

4- When I bought the car I had it checked. The garage told me I need to replace the exhaust solenoid. He also said I can get the Opel Insignia 2.0 one, which is exactly the same (as both use GM engines), but is 50% cheaper. Is that true? Which one must I buy?

5- Where can I get something like this double muffler for my 159? (not the whole exhaust, just the part of it sticking out on both sides)

Attachments

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Hi guys
I recently got my new 2011 Alfa Romeo 159, 2.2 JTS. Enjoying it. Yet few issues:
Please be aware that latest 159'ers with 22JTS are March 2009 ex factory.
What is country market???...
1- the driver-side mirror keeps reverting to its default position every time I unlock the car. Every time I have to re-adjust it. I thought its positioning is synced with the seat's position, but I did try to save one seat mode with my preferred mirror angle, and when I activated that mode (seat memory), the mirror wasn't adjusted accordingly. What could it be?
Sure it is non-use issue. Open mirror assembly and check drive.
2- I just don't seem to understand how to open the trunk! I know I can use the button on the key immobilizer, but do I really have to take out the immobilizer every time I need to open the trunk?
I once tried to push down the Alfa logo on the trunk's door and that opened it (still with the immobilizer out), but that didn't' work again. Why isn't there a handle under the driver's seat to open the trunk, just like with all other cars? :S
Alarm system or immobilizer???... Last one is not connected to doors/boot opening.
There exist emergency lever ( loop ) under rear seats to open the boot.
3- I just love those TI rims . Can I have them replace my 18' rims? Would they fit without needing extra work?
I would try to fit them first. A lot of info here.
4- When I bought the car I had it checked. The garage told me I need to replace the exhaust solenoid. He also said I can get the Opel Insignia 2.0 one, which is exactly the same (as both use GM engines), but is 50% cheaper. Is that true? Which one must I buy?
True. What is exact failure code for solenoid suspect.
5- Where can I get something like this double muffler for my 159? (not the whole exhaust, just the part of it sticking out on both sides)
Any place you like. Please make sure existed one are welded and you would need to cut them for replace. New ones are also to be welded back. Check before... Not much place in inner bumper housing for double twin ends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts