Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

First post in ROI section. Moved here from the UK 3 years ago just in time for the recession!!
Currently own a 159 JTDM Tourismo 2007 but looking at a possible change. May have the chance for a Mito and Gullieta. Should I buy new and look for a trade in. Hoping I might get a good deal what with buying two Alfa's at the sme time. Not much in way of second hand Gullieta's around and with the exchange and VRT not cheap to import. ANy advice will be very welcomed.

·
Administrator
87,622 Posts
Hi & Welcome To AO Keith :thumbs:

Not sure you'll get any/much more of a deal buying 2 especially if new cars as so few are being sold here, worth trying though. I presume you are waiting to purchase until 2012 if going new though.

You thinking of going Petrol or Diesel for the Mito & Giulietta ? I just had a look on Carzone & almost all the Giuliettas & Mitos on there are new/demos with zero miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi David

Thanks for the info. I have looked on Carzone and as you say there a good few Ex demos so maybe I'll go down that route. What can I expect for the 159, 109,000km full service but high tax with the 1.9 engine. Not many second hand Mito's around either and need a black one to keep the wife happy!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
There are a few lads on here looking at 159s at the moment. See the 'Alfa Romeos for Sale in Ireland' thread.

Also, have a look on Donedeal.ie to get an idea of the value of the car. Carzone prices are nearly always dealer prices and can be off the wall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi David

Thanks for the info. I have looked on Carzone and as you say there a good few Ex demos so maybe I'll go down that route. What can I expect for the 159, 109,000km full service but high tax with the 1.9 engine. Not many second hand Mito's around either and need a black one to keep the wife happy!

D

·
0 Posts
Welcome along Keith I'm not sure what I can tell you about buying a new Alfa. But goodluck anyway.

·
Administrator
87,622 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Hi All

First post in ROI section. Moved here from the UK 3 years ago just in time for the recession!!
Currently own a 159 JTDM Tourismo 2007 but looking at a possible change. May have the chance for a Mito and Gullieta. Should I buy new and look for a trade in. Hoping I might get a good deal what with buying two Alfa's at the sme time. Not much in way of second hand Gullieta's around and with the exchange and VRT not cheap to import. ANy advice will be very welcomed.
Welcome along Keith. Best of luck with your purchases :thumbs:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Popping down to Dublin next week for a look at a few ex demo Mito's. Thinking now I might keep the 159 and just go for a Mito. I love 159, it's my second one in the last few years and it still turns mine and other peoples heads. Even more so here as don't see many around the Louth area.
Thinking of a re map for 159, is there any were in Irealand that anyone can reccomend?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Kyote00
Were did you make your purchase and how was the service from the dealer. Looking forward to reading the review.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got mine from a Nissan dealer who took in as a trade in. They gave me one year Nissan gold cover on an Alfa...

IMHO, all Alfa dealers in Ireland are terrible, one exception to that is alasta.

Hi Kyote00
Were did you make your purchase and how was the service from the dealer. Looking forward to reading the review.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Administrator
87,622 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
If you are looking for mitos drop me a pm as i might know of a few coming up.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts