Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I now own a 1991 Alfa Romeo Spider. It is very exciting and fun. There's just a few problems. The speedometer, tachometer, outside door handle, and the seat belts all don't really work. So if any one has some suggestions so i don't go out and blow a lot of money on parts that i don't need. Also some place wear i can get some good priced parts to.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you speedo isn't working, before you go too far, check all fuses. At least one is for the speedo but I don't think that one fuse is used for all instruments in the pod. Wiring diagrams do seem to vary, depending on what day the car was built I think, but at least eliminate them for your problem list first.

Door handles aren't too bad, but you will just have to strip out the door panel to sort them out. If they are broken, ClassicAlfa and Highwood have new ones available.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
The speedo fuse is the 7th from the left and it also does the cigarette lighter and heater fan

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
My Spider 1990 speedo suddenly stopped working too! Although it has a drive from the gearbox, it is in fact-I found out!-electronic. So, check fuse number 7 (from the right) this feeds the speedo and the brake fluid reservoir warning light. I changed the fuse and it sprang to life. Might be your problem here too.
I blew the fuse without knowing it by fiddling with the hardtop interior light!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts