Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
the spider looks good but im not sure that look will carry so well in saloon form, the 159 as it is, is the best looking saloon money can buy. fact.

G

·
the spider looks good but im not sure that look will carry so well in saloon form, the 159 as it is, is the best looking saloon money can buy. fact.
I agree that the 159 is going to be hard to improve on "looks wise".

That spider though looks absolutely off the scale.

Assuming the 1750tbi will be the only main powerplant addition.

Interesting times.

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
It does look great.

Hopefully it will be smaller than the current spider.

Something more Fiat Barchetta, MX5 size would be prefect.

Alfa also need a newer small saloon. The 159 is bigger then the 156 and I feel that put many people off buying one.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
for God sake Alfa build the thing!! It looks amazing! Truly gorgeous! Hopefully the Guilietta will be well received & its order books swell so Alfa can get on with the job of finally building cars to take on the Germany dominace of the premium/sporting markets!

·
Registered
336 Posts
looks like a ferarri 360 at the front with alfa badges shooved on and then chopped at the back. Not very imaginative although looks nice

G

·
More purely made up stuff from the automotive websites.

They really do create some carbage.

As true to life as anyone on here coming up with a design
and Alfa putting it into production. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sadly, Nev is right, typical of the kind of unsubstantiated/unsubstantiatable fluff that Autocar rely on much of the time to pad out their site. The bit that got my attention though is the claim that Giugiaro would be responsible for styling a 159 replacement. I'd like that bit at least to be true...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, you're all correct. The picture is a load of garbage from autocar, but what's most important is that Alfa has a direction now. Least we know Alfa will continue to make cars in the near future. That is the bit that needs highlighting.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Kayem there are 3 concepts due to be shown at geneva, each was comissioned to a different styling house. Pinin got the spider, Bertone have done a coupe and it was either in-house or giugiaro that got to design a 159 replacement. But they're all concepts to celebrate the 100th and show where the cars 'could' go in terms of design

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I think it's definately time to improve the current lineup of models (except the mito and giulietta, which are modern enough already). In 2010 and beyond, there will be a new generation of cars, which must be economical and fun to drive (i.e. lightweight) but also desirable.
The new 159 should go rear wheel drive to compete with the BMW 3-series better.
The new brera should be less bulky and better balanced to give more performance/handling (which is the only area which it is bad in)
The same applies to the new spider I guess.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The 159 replacement won't be rwd, unless they use a Chrysler platform and then I think it'll more likely be a 169 replacement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts