1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The article says "make", not "reveal", so I suspect it's start of production on the Giulia. That would allow a launch at Geneva.

·
Registered
15,210 Posts
Probably end up being a pencil case or a laptop cover or some such ********.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The article says "make", not "reveal", so I suspect it's start of production on the Giulia. That would allow a launch at Geneva.
"fare", if my rusty Italian is right, just means "do"? Or does it also mean "make" as well? I thought he was saying they were going to "do a new Alfa Romeo" on that date?

·
Registered
15,210 Posts
Twenty one quid for a ****ing mug?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Thought the Giulia was due for reveal in Q4 of 2015. If so, production start in June is possible, but wouldn't a launch at Geneva the following March be a bit delayed :confused:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,213 Posts
4C Spider?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Guys, take it easy, Marchionne's phrase cannot be translated without the context of the conversation. You can only read it as "About the new Alfa, we'll try to get it done by 24 June 2015."

There is no definition of "it" in his phrase, "it" is in reference to something that was mentioned beforehand... but that is not in the article. Could be the launch, could be an announcement, who knows...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Every CEO hedges their statements. If he said "We will start producting the car on 24. June", and for some reason (supplier failure, earthquake, etc) they don't, then you'll get a bunch of shareholders whining and suing about a drop in shareholder value because he "reneged on his promise".

"get it done" could mean anything: sign-off for manufacture, launch, first customer car off the assembly line.

It's interesting that they've announced any kind of a date this far out. Things must be very far ahead of schedule. I just hope they watched the Jaguar XE launch for some helpful tips on how not to launch a new car....

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
If indeed that date is for the new company (standalone) then surely at the same time they should have some info / pics on at least one new model?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts