Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have just gotten myself a 1998 156, v6, 2.5l.

first time ever driving manual yesterday when i bought it and so far I am doing quite well, only a couple of stalls haha.
second day of owning it and i am loving it, and loving the manual too.

everything looks amazing and very tidy. red leather interior with wood trimming. this is my second car i have owned.

one issue i have is the rear right window not going down from the driver control, but does go up. full control from the switch in the back seat though.
and another is when i get into 6th, it seems like its 'slipping' for a few seconds then i can get my control properly.
also the key is buggered. no electronics in the key fob at all, so i have to use the key to unlock and lock. it would be great if someone knew a way for me to get a new keyfob that lets me remotely lock and unlock the car again

so far, loving the car, and looking forward to a cruisey drive with it :)

cheers
Jono

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Welcome to Alfa driving - its addictive. The V6 (called Bosso after the engineer who developed it) is a very sweet engine with a nice sound.
I think you need a new battery in your key.

·
Administrator
88,052 Posts
Welcome to AO & to Alfa ownership Jono, congrats on your V6 & great to hear you are enjoying it :cool:

Check out the Tech Lounge Alfa 147, 156 & GT - Alfa Romeo Forum if you need any advice, info or help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to Alfa driving - its addictive. The V6 (called Bosso after the engineer who developed it) is a very sweet engine with a nice sound.
I think you need a new battery in your key.
I took the key apart and there are no electronics, I called the local dealer and asked how much it would be for a replacement. $750nzd :(

But the engine has a beautiful sound. I will take some photos soon :)

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

1 - 6 of 6 Posts