Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people..

Found this place through Google, and seeing as I just bought my first Alfa (And indeed my first car ever) I thought it appropiate to sign up ;)

This is my new (baby). No frills, just Stock!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks people..

I already found some interesting threads on the forum. Like why I find my Alfa sounds like a Diesel, he he.. That one kinda bothered me fr a while, but now I know;)

Also, the fact that my Rear fog light doesn't work... Good to know I am not "alone"...

I like this place...

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Kandinsky said:
This is my new (baby). No frills, just Stock!
Frills and thrills come as standard ;)

Welcome :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jorila, you are danish?

Me too.. From Copenhagen, although I have lived in Dublin for 2 years now...

Cheers..

And

Hygge

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome Kandinsky, nice motor you've got there. :cool:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hi mate, welcome on board. :)

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Jorgen???, Welcome to AO & a belated welcome to Ireland. There are many Irish people or people based in Ireland posting here.

Indeed you have a fine looking car ....even if it is a 147 ;)
Lovely alloys :D.... 15" or 16"

A few questions:

What engine size is it?
What "spec" is it?
What colour is it?

One or two "tips" regards taking pictures of your car:

1. Wash it :eek:

2. You'll always get better results when you take the picture outside in good daylight, shows off its colour & lines much better. Try use scenery to highlights its colour.

3. Before posting its on the internet hide its number plate. Use PSP or Adobe paint editting to "spray" over the digits.

BTW is there in dent in the passengers front door door or is that just the shadows from inside the under-ground parking?

BTW2 The noisy variator, which is the cause of your *diesel* sound, can be cured by flushing your cars engine before replacing the old oil & engine, see this thread:

Bardahl

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Black Beauty said:
2. You'll always get better results when you take the picture outside in good daylight, shows off its colour & lines much better. Try use scenery to highlights its colour.
Depends. Depends on your intention and what you call good daylight. ;)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Very :cool: car you have :)

Welcome to AO :D

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
THROTTLEMAN said:
Depends. Depends on your intention and what you call good daylight. ;)
Yeah well you ahve apoint but surely you conceed that the lighting in an undeground car park ain't going to show off a car at its best. :cheese:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow..
A very cool welcome.. I feel quite at home ;)

A couple of things..

The "tractor sound threat" was actually what lead me here, and why I am now a member. (Although I still haven't done anything about it...)

The pic is indeed in a car park, and at some point I am sure I will take pics of the car, after it is washed even.. (Nahh, that might be too much to hope for)

The dent is the passenger door is real enough.. :( I made it myself, the very first day I was driving the car. BAcking into a parking spor in the airport, I got WAY too close to the piller on the left hand side... (Was driving a friends Polo fora few months, so I got used to very small cars) and the result is quite visible...

I'll update the specks on the car later, engine, wheels etc. (Just need to figure out what it all means, he he)

See ya'll later peops...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts