Alfa Romeo Forum banner

New Alfa owner

509 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  AlfaAntGT 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone :)

Well I purchased my 1st Alfa 2 weeks ago and loving the drive and looks, I got an 05 plate GT 1.9 JTD with 56,000mls in met silver with red leather interior and it looks amazing.
To be honest the previous 2 owners didn't look after it and it needs some cosmetic TLC which I'm excited to do.
The 1st issue is the garage I got it from touched up various stone chips, it looks like they employed a 3yr old to do this and with the wrong shade of silver, I now got the right match code for colour but I'm after some help in how to remove the splodged on paint they have applied. I would of looked better if they didn't do it as not all the chip area's were covered it looks like they used a 1" brush lol.
Also there is an area approx 1cm wide by 5cm long on the edge of the door where its been banged into cars/walls etc etc, how can i repair this as again they tried to touch it up but missed half of it and small bits of rust is coming thru.
I don't regret in anyway my purchase and looking forward to exciting motoring and tinkering.
I hope you guys/girls can help with these small issues.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys good to be here, when got time will upload some pics etc. Few other issues with car but seeing as i was a helicopter engineering supervisor I should manage to sort them.
Your right Stu silver met is the worse colour to touch up but a bit of care and attention will be better than the garage attempts.
Speak soon guys :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.