Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Always fancied an Alfa - unfortunately a mid 60's GTA or even GT Junior not practical or even financially viable for me...

However, today I picked up a 52 plate 147 1.6 TS to replace my 22 year old Golf GTI.

It's got 24k miles, service history, timing belt changed last year. A 120 mile drive home revealed no issues apart from it feeling a bit flat in comparison to the old GTI - guess 16v v larger capacity 8v = less bottom end torque in the Alfa.

I'm going to change oil and filters on Sunday, but noted no plastic tray under the engine...looks like you would never get one on below exhaust, etc, but wanted to make sure....

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Hi all.

Always fancied an Alfa - unfortunately a mid 60's GTA or even GT Junior not practical or even financially viable for me...

However, today I picked up a 52 plate 147 1.6 TS to replace my 22 year old Golf GTI.

It's got 24k miles, service history, timing belt changed last year. A 120 mile drive home revealed no issues apart from it feeling a bit flat in comparison to the old GTI - guess 16v v larger capacity 8v = less bottom end torque in the Alfa.

I'm going to change oil and filters on Sunday, but noted no plastic tray under the engine...looks like you would never get one on below exhaust, etc, but wanted to make sure....
1,6TS dont have undertray, only 2,0TS do.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
I could panel a roof for my garden with the knackered undertrays out the back, they serve no purpose other than hiding leaks till they become serious.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I could panel a roof for my garden with the knackered undertrays out the back, they serve no purpose other than hiding leaks till they become serious.
Thats good to know as I was gonna start looking for my 2.0ts. It was missing when I bought her.
Everyone talks about protection from speed bumps etc but I cant see a thin plastic shield making any difference. I was gonna look at alloy but if Smaky says No thats my search over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts