Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lads,

I've just got an Alfa 156 2l TS in the last month or two and have noticed a few problems, just wondering if anyone can tell me if they're typical alfa traits or whether I shud be worried:

- When cold (which seems to be always according to the temp gauge) the car loses power at 4000rpm

- the wipers only work on full speed or manual. Is this just a problem with the contacts or is it likely to be motor failure

- the car is due an NCT soon and there is a part coming from the air intake which is completely split and won't pass with it. Can anyone tell me the proper name for this part and a part number if possible. I've highlighted the part in the pic in green....

Thanks for any comments

Attachments

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
your coldness is probably a dead thermostat

your powerloss is probably due to the split pipe (intake sleeve) due to unmetered air, part no - 60658876

wipers is more than likely the motor

hope this helps:thumbs:

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
your coldness is probably a dead thermostat

your powerloss is probably due to the split pipe (intake sleeve) due to unmetered air, part no - 60658876

wipers is more than likely the motor

hope this helps:thumbs:
+1:thumbs:
wiper motor probably needs cover taking off and excess grease wiping out ,tends to go hard in time and gives poor contact:thumbs:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers lads,

got the intake sleeve today so will fit it on the weekend once I have a bit of light....

will hopefully take the motor off at that stage as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts