Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I pleased to say I have recently bought my very first Alfa - a 1997 GTV 2.0 T Spark - and am loving driving it.
I am just slightly worried about a problem I have just noticed so was hoping someone out there could help me.
Basically the engine seems to hesitate or stutter, and theres a loss of power when it gets to around 5000 rpm and above. Has anyone had this problem before? I am only guessing thinking its an electric issue like spark plugs, distributor that sort of thing, but the car has just been serviced. Any ideas?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou!

Ben

·
Registered
90 Posts
Almost certainly the Mass Airflow Meter (MAF) Try unplugging the electrical conection to it and see if it has any effect.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had same on my spider, flat spots at approx 4300 rpm, sometimes refusing to go above it.

Replaced MAF last week now reving freely without flat spots.

You could consider trying to clean MAF, needs to be done carefully. Lots of posts on this if search.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats great, thanks for the very quick replies. Shame its that expensive especially as I have just paid for the car! Will take a look at those cleaning posts first I think.
Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts