Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo....

I've been quite on the forum for a while now (close to two years, feels like a life time!)
And My GTV is sold :cry:
But, I have acquired a 147 1.6 3 door in 50 shades of green.
I got it at a steal, a real steal I don't really want to share the price, but well below market!
It comes with 4 new Flakens (love them) and a cam belt service (last belt change was at 200k so it's only on 30k now, but hey, it comes with the price.
I fetched the car on Wednesday night and have been loving it ever since, the only problem I have right now is a question I sort of know the answer to, but want to see if there is anyone else that can help with it.
I must admit it was a bitter sweet feeling getting this and leaving the other, but it needed to go, it was just time.
See attached for photos...

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice little machine there bud. Actually quite like that colour on the 147.

What's the question you're having a problem with?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice little machine there bud. Actually quite like that colour on the 147.

What's the question you're having a problem with?
Snap I see the rest of my post didn't send.

I need to get a new key cut as it only came with one key.
But I do not have the code, is there anyway I can get the code? Or a cheaper way to get the key coded?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Congrats! Nice 147!

Reactions: scrgdk

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
awesome meeting you bud, sorry i could not cat longer but up for 20 hours..

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I actually love that colour on the 147.... congrats and many happy miles:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, the green has seriously grown on me.
I need to get the key cut asap though, had a scare this past Sunday...
All I need now is a respray for the car.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Here. You will need the code card and original master key.

http://auto-diagnostics.info/pdf/ficom-immo-en.pdf
One doesn't need a master key for the 147 but you most definitely will need the code card unless you can get the transponder in your current key cloned. The 147 came from the factory with 2 remote flip keys (if it had a factory alarm) or a remote flip key and a plain old key if no alarm was fitted. I know there's a guy on the 147 forum that's able to do it. Only problem is he's in the UK.

Apparently you can use second hand keys as long as you're able to source a virgin transponder chip and a blank key blade. Both items pop up on the UK EBay quite frequently.

If you just need a basic key without a remote as a spare buy one of the aftermarket transponder key blanks and have it coded. You'll probably need to source the code card from the dealer though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mark can probably sort you with the key, he gave me one for my 156, but as for the cutting and coding he cannot. He only has blanks.

It's the normal non remote red key, last he only had a brown remote key, which I didn't want.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mark can probably sort you with the key, he gave me one for my 156, but as for the cutting and coding he cannot. He only has blanks.

It's the normal non remote red key, last he only had a brown remote key, which I didn't want.
He doesn't do the coding nor cutting, but he has a guy that can do the coding for quite cheap. I had both my keys coded after moving engine to another body.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts